UK question.

Why are some Hayabusas over here referred to as a "beak"? Something about the fairing?
Take a close look at the front of a busa,it looks like a beak.(as viewed from the side). I was told the main engineer behind the Busa saw a Peregrine Falcon hunting.Wondered how it could achieve a speed of 200MPH and figured out it was areodynamics not power. So he shaped the front of the Busa to resemble this birds characteristics....so I was told.

Rubb.

:welcome: to the site BTW. We have a few UK members here.I am also from the Common Wealth...Canada,but don't hold that against me.
Rubb.

Take a close look at the front of a busa,it looks like a beak.(as viewed from the side). I was told the main engineer behind the Busa saw a Peregrine Falcon hunting.Wondered how it could achieve a speed of 200MPH and figured out it was areodynamics not power. So he shaped the front of the Busa to resemble this birds characteristics....so I was told. View attachment 1620256
Rubb.
Thanks for that, Rubb. I can see why that name would suit, so WHY only some of 'em are called beaks

Thanks for that, Rubb. I can see why that name would suit, so WHY only some of 'em are called beaks
That would be unknown to me.Perhaps a UK only thing. Which "some of them" are you referencing? Certain years? Gen I's,Gen II's ?
Rubb.

Back