UK friend needs some sprocket advice

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I got this email.... Need some guidance guys...

Hi, hope you can help. My husband has a K6 Hayabusa, which he goes touring on every year. He wants to change the back sprocket from 40 teeth, to 38 or 39 teeth. He has been told that a back sprocket of a TL1000 should fit, but he doesn't want to commit to buying one unless he is absolutely sure. He doesn't want to change his chain, which is 525.
He needs to know if a TL1000 back sprocket with either 38 or 39 teeth (keeping it at a 525 chain) will fit, i.e. will the centre bit were the bolts fit be the same.
Thanks for your help.

P.S. the reason he wants to change it, is so when he goes abroad touring, it doesn't rev as much when he's cruising along, wants to keep the revs down.
Thanks again
Tracy

I dropped my front sprocket down to a 16T and have been really pleased with it. The RPMS drop - so it will help with touring...and he can use the same chain. Oh and an added bonus - the speedometer error is corrected ;)

I put a 38 on my 06 with the same length chain, don't know about the TL1000 thingy.

Just have her get a aftermarket steel sprocket for a '06 Busa with 38 or 39 teeth :thumbsup:

I dropped my front sprocket down to a 16T and have been really pleased with it. The RPMS drop - so it will help with touring...and he can use the same chain. Oh and an added bonus - the speedometer error is corrected ;)

You would have to gone to a 18 (+1) for that to happen :whistle:

DOH! You are correct! I went UP to an 18T!! My brain is fried. Too many template edits! :laugh:

Back