Uhmmm...hello? Is this earth?

Jay Willie

Donating Member
Registered
Dang it, I hate it when this happens!!

Anticipating the last couple of miles, my heart picks up a few more beats from an already rapid rhythm. I've been going over the previous rides and hoping to quietly get my groove back. No showboating, backing off when I need to, pushing harder when I feel confident. I knew who I would be looking for; twotonevert, macon454, Cap'n, Busawhipped, KSwaterbug, Summer, Uncle Steve, all the sensei masters. I knew I would have lots of encouragement and tons of patient advice on getting 'back in the saddle.'

I spent the trip flipping through the .oRg photo album in my mind associating the names with the faces of those I'd met a couple of years ago. (Jeez, has it been that long?) Semi, Bluehaya, Dennym, Warbird, GSxcite, and of course Don (miss you, brother). I knew there would be several others I'd get to add and couldn't wait to renew acquaitences.

Popping over the hill in the last curve before Pointe West my heart skipped a beat as I was welcomed by the visual silence of an empty parking lot. I mentally flipped back through the threads and posts, where did we say we'd meet again? Pointe West, check. Was there a ride going on? But where did everyone park? I costed through the parking lot pulling to a stop in front of the office. There's a sign on the door. Heaven forbid there was a tragedy of some sort but surely they would have let others know.

'I am out of the office but on the premises. Call this number if you need assistance.' I sneak up to the register as I punch in the numbers thinking I would see some trace of something, someone I could associate with the .oRg. The manager on staff comes through the door, "Can I help you?"

"Yea, is the Hayabusa group meeting here this weekend?"

"No, that'll be next weekend. Are you with the group?"

The color rushes to my face as I realize what I have just done.

How do you recover from such a thing? This isn't just, "Oh, I forgot my keys on the counter." How am I ever going to live this down?

oh, well...you guys have fun next week end. Busa love to you all! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Never had that happen but I would certainly hate it if it did happen. :laugh: Oh well, enjoy the riding since you apparently already went to the trouble of getting there.

Oh no! That's not good JW!!! :(

But, I hope the ride was enjoyable nonetheless... :thumbsup:

Crestfallen.

Wow. :( What a drag...

An event to never forget...

After the anticipation of seeing all those great people...an empty lot. So sorry.

Oh no:omg:.....people are in route. Should be some showing up in a couple of days. Man that is horrible.

Better early that late...you could still see that parking lot full this weekend.

Dang it, I hate it when this happens!!

Anticipating the last couple of miles, my heart picks up a few more beats from an already rapid rhythm. I've been going over the previous rides and hoping to quietly get my groove back. No showboating, backing off when I need to, pushing harder when I feel confident. I knew who I would be looking for; twotonevert, macon454, Cap'n, Busawhipped, KSwaterbug, Summer, Uncle Steve, all the sensei masters. I knew I would have lots of encouragement and tons of patient advice on getting 'back in the saddle.'

I spent the trip flipping through the .oRg photo album in my mind associating the names with the faces of those I'd met a couple of years ago. (Jeez, has it been that long?) Semi, Bluehaya, Dennym, Warbird, GSxcite, and of course Don (miss you, brother). I knew there would be several others I'd get to add and couldn't wait to renew acquaitences.

Popping over the hill in the last curve before Pointe West my heart skipped a beat as I was welcomed by the visual silence of an empty parking lot. I mentally flipped back through the threads and posts, where did we say we'd meet again? Pointe West, check. Was there a ride going on? But where did everyone park? I costed through the parking lot pulling to a stop in front of the office. There's a sign on the door. Heaven forbid there was a tragedy of some sort but surely they would have let others know.

'I am out of the office but on the premises. Call this number if you need assistance.' I sneak up to the register as I punch in the numbers thinking I would see some trace of something, someone I could associate with the .oRg. The manager on staff comes through the door, "Can I help you?"

"Yea, is the Hayabusa group meeting here this weekend?"

"No, that'll be next weekend. Are you with the group?"

The color rushes to my face as I realize what I have just done.

How do you recover from such a thing? This isn't just, "Oh, I forgot my keys on the counter." How am I ever going to live this down?

oh, well...you guys have fun next week end. Busa love to you all! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Either you have one seriously busy schedule and your mind has been cluttered w/ unfinished business.......

or may I reccommend a heavy regimen of Ginko Biloba :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your mix up.

Happens to the best of us.

My husband missed a whole day of track time because he thought it was a Saturday and Sunday event when it actually was a Friday and Saturday event.

Sorry you got your time mixed up. Had to suck expecting to see a bunch of good folks only to find an empty parking lot.

Location: Somewhere between yesterday and tomorrow...I think,

Fitting? Yes, No, maybe even.

May have to change that to: Location: Somewhere between yesterday and NEXT WEEK...I think :laugh:

Are you still going to the real one?

Perspiring minds want to know.
Bubba

Dude, is there anyway you can pull off another weekend? Guys will start pulling in on Tues and many on Thurs.. Is there any way you can be there this weekend too?

Crestfallen.

Wow. :( What a drag...

An event to never forget...

After the anticipation of seeing all those great people...an empty lot. So sorry.

You have no idea, Scar. I was so kickin' myself in the buttocks! :whistle:

Either you have one seriously busy schedule and your mind has been cluttered w/ unfinished business.......

or may I reccommend a heavy regimen of Ginko Biloba :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your mix up.

I think you could say 'All the above!' TuO! Somewhere way back when everyone was picking out a schedule I remember the conversation about it being Father's Day weekend and I had settled with the thought the MnG was going to be the weekend before. I had the 12th set firmly as my target date from way back whenever and just kept moving in that direction. And yea, it's been busy. School was a huge chunk to get through and playing catch up to all the things I've neglect the last two semesters, I just had the date set firmly in my mind.

Location: Somewhere between yesterday and tomorrow...I think,

Fitting? Yes, No, maybe even.

May have to change that to: Location: Somewhere between yesterday and NEXT WEEK...I think :laugh:

Are you still going to the real one?

Perspiring minds want to know.
Bubba

Yes, my brother B, there is a reason for that signature. (Very much appreciate your humor and that might make a better signature!!) It's kind of scarry but that's how I survive. (I read somewhere Albert Einstien was chided because he didn't know his own phone number. His response was, "That may be so, but I know where to find it!") And of course I would like to go to the 'real one.' Oh, well...

Dude, is there anyway you can pull off another weekend? Guys will start pulling in on Tues and many on Thurs.. Is there any way you can be there this weekend too?

You'll have a PM...

Oh man, sorry bro. We will be there Wednesday night.

:thumbsup:

I called friends I have known for years who live north of Eureka and spent the weekend with them. (I had trailered both my son's gixxer and my VTX hoping to park the 'X' in town with a 'for sale' sign on it and use the gixxer to spend the weekend flexing some very unused twisty skills.) They were exceedingly kind and lavished much wealth in wining and dining my pathetic little arse to attempt to nurse my wounded ego (self-inflicted, of course!).

I did end up unloading the Honda and spent about four hours Saturday afternoon riding local. Went back down to the dam via Pointe West as a 'just in case' and back over to Berryville. Stayed local but I gotta tell you riding the 700+lbs. cruiser through the few twisties I encountered really freaked me out! I felt a little more comfortable towards the end of the ride trying to pick a line and muscle the Honda through, but my heart was in my throat the whole time.

I don't know guys, totally paranoid coming through the curves, it might take me awhile. I found it extremely difficult to focus ahead of my self. My attention was caught up watching the lines and the sides of the road. Never road more than five or ten over the posted limit for a curve and it wasn't until the end of the day I thought I even noticed a little 'fluidity' in my movements. Sheesh! I would sure like this to be fun again!

Last edited:
make it back down this week bro...i'll be there Wed. through Mon. and you're more than welcome to ride with us all week...you can always ride your own pace and know there will always be at least one person behind you...there is only one way to get back in the swing of things and that is to just do it...i expect to see you there! :beerchug:

make it back down this week bro...i'll be there Wed. through Mon. and you're more than welcome to ride with us all week...you can always ride your own pace and know there will always be at least one person behind you...there is only one way to get back in the swing of things and that is to just do it...i expect to see you there! :beerchug:

Thanks, Semi! I appreciate the vote of confidence and I'd like to be there in a big way. You guys enjoy and keep doing what the .oRg is known for; good times, good bikes, great friends! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

I really hate to see you miss this. If you dont make it back. Focus on just riding the bike. Take it slow speed through the curves, and look down the road! You mess yourself up by focusing on the lines in the road, and because your vision path is only 5 to 10 ft in front of you, you will be making erratic turns. Look down the road and you will smooth out and "feel" better because you will be seeing farther down the road and you will not have that "rushed" feeling. Think about driving in rush hour traffic, behind a large truck. You cant see around it and you get frustrated because every decision you make is 1 to 2 seconds or less, if you see farther down the road (now with no truck in front you) you extend that decision/reaction time and you will not feel anxious. Are you sure you cant make it back?

what a bummer, isnt it funny how we get something stuck in our heads like that...

Hey John, Just saw this thread.

And all I can say is that sucks.

Would have been good to see you again, Are you sure you cant make it, Believe me when I tell you I am going to be taking it real easy with the 240 this year so come on down and lead the way.

Dang it, Micheal!! You guys are making it awful hard not to figure out how to do this!! Maybe I can hitch-hike down and find a Suzuki dealership to pull a scooter out for a test ride...NOT! But it'd still be cool to be there!

Just finished up Cap's thread on Macon454's Counseling for Corners school! Made my blood run. I need to do some track days some time but gotta get the scooter ridable first. You guys have a good 'un and look forward to seeing everyone again sometime! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Back