Uh Ohhhhh....

I had a large German shepard named Sarge. He comes trotting up the driveway one day with a Kittten in his mouth. I thought to myself, oh no, my dog has killed some neighbors cat. When he got close to me I found that the cat was very much alive, wet but alive. Now I'm thinking he kidnapped or should I say, catnapped some kids pet. I asked around the neighborhood if anyone knew who the cat belonged to, and I was told someone dumped three kittens in the area, and my dog adopted one of them. Whenever Sarge would go from one room to the other, he would reach down and pick the kitten up and take it with him, they slept together, and were never apart for more than a few minutes.

(xzvs @ Oct. 28 2006,19:39) GSX-- g/f wants the rest of the story -- are they still pals ect?
I lost Sarge several years ago to old age and hip problems, and the cat a year later. He and the cat were pals till the end, and although I have a wonderful dog that I adopted two years ago, I still miss him and the cat very much.
sad.gif

Cool story GSXcite.!! I had a cat once .He lived to be 13 years old.My dog grew up with this cat and protected him.She would hold him down and clean him.She was very protective of HER kitty.If she thought you were hurting him LOOKOUT!! When my cat died she searched house for over a month (CRYING)and went to his spot where he slept and just stared and cried. This went on for months!!

B_X.jpg

(MR X @ Oct. 28 2006,21:36) Cool story GSXcite.!! I had a cat once .He lived to be 13 years old.My dog grew up with this cat and protected him.She would hold him down and clean him.She was very protective of HER kitty.If she thought you were hurting him LOOKOUT!! When my cat died she searched house for over a month (CRYING)and went to his spot where he slept and just stared and cried. This went on for months!!
That is too cute! anyone who thinks dogs and cats don't get along has not had both living in the same house. I also had an elkhound who nursed" her" kittens.

We have two cats, one is 18 lbs, the other 14. The big one is a science project, to see how big a cat will get before it will blow up. Still going strong.....
tounge.gif

Yeah All three of our Girls are Rescues from the local Animal shelter... A terrific place actually called NOAH. Very cool, very friendly folks.

Feb2006Kitties08copy.jpg

Congrats on the new kittie Bro... Ya big softie. Be sure to get it it's shots.

I've got three cats and a dog they all get along unless somebody drops food, then somebody gets hurts, usually the closet human... Two of the cats are 16 and the other is 9. The oldest one (Maine Coon) has two teeth and is completely deaf, he sleeps like 22.5 hours a day, there is no waking a deaf cat. Doc says he is perfectly healthy just getting older. Damn teeth cost me $1300 to get pulled last year and he still eats dry food, go figure.

BTW I have a neighbor with a 36lb. cat, you have a ways to go... Damn thing has shoulders, big ones... I still think its part bobcat or fishercat or some other large outdoors beast, we have lots of stuff in the woods around here.

I like cats better, dogs seem needy, cats could care less.

Here's an update pic of Suzi. She turned one year old the end of July.
She sure is one of a kind. Who was it that said Calicos are neurotic??? Yeah, they hit that one on the head!
laugh.gif

Actually she's a great cat. Loves to just hang around her humans, but doesn't need to be held. She's happy and purring as long is she is within a 3 foot range of one of us.

onthechairsmall.jpg

I hadn't heard that calicos were neurotic...I know tortoise shells are nuts though, and she resembles my psycho tortoise shell I had when I was a kid
tounge.gif

I was afraid to open this thread, thinking I'd see a Dane!
wink.gif
And the thread's a year old...
beerchug.gif

Oh and the dogs get along fine with her. Gjoker is the pack leader, I'm second in command, so the dogs know the deal. The minpin could care less what the cat is doing... and the dane/mastiff generally ignores Suzi unless she does that "Drive-by-Swiping" that cats do... then he gives chase.

Which means: rugs go flying, furniture gets shuffled, and water bowls get knocked over
laugh.gif

But he doesn't hurt her. I think it's actually a game they have devised.

(VaBusa @ Sep. 24 2007,15:04) I hadn't heard that calicos were neurotic...I know tortoise shells are nuts though, and she resembles my psycho tortoise shell I had when I was a kid  
tounge.gif

I was afraid to open this thread, thinking I'd see a Dane!  
wink.gif
 And the thread's a year old...  
beerchug.gif
She actually is a tortise shell.. but most people call them calicos.

No dane pic.

this time...
wink.gif

wink.gif

Here's a pick of the 2 strays we rescued.

Sshhhhh.......The dog doesn't know the other is a kitty and we aren't telling.

sampson_oreo_3_small.JPG

Congrats! We have a herd of cats at our house. 8 to be exact. All indoors, all fixed, none declawed. Plus we have 2 dogs and a banana king snake. Welcome to Wild Kingdom!

(ibified @ Sep. 24 2007,21:10) Congrats!  We have a herd of cats at our house.  8 to be exact.  All indoors, all fixed, none declawed.  Plus we have 2 dogs and a banana king snake.  Welcome to Wild Kingdom!
I'd have a house full, but everytime I try to ask "Honey, can I get a ...." "NO MORE CRITTERS" is all I hear.
mad.gif

But one always seems to come along right when we need it.
cool.gif

Back