Uh oh Pacquiao...

Well yeah, that's what boxing is all about for promoters, advertisers, venues...you didn't think it was about the fighters did you? :laugh:

What ever happened to Don King? :dunno:

He's still around but only managing a few fighters. Most boxers with a lick of sense left know better than to get in cahoots with him. He's robbed countless fighters throughout the years

He's still around but only managing a few fighters. Most boxers with a lick of sense left know better than to get in cahoots with him. He's robbed countless fighters throughout the years

Oh I know. I used to cringe every single time I saw him anywhere near a fighter in the 90s... :banghead:

Injury or not I don't think the outcome would have changed.

People that were dumb enough to bet their money are just upset that the fight didn't go the way they wanted it to.

The sport of boxing is no longer a sport. Like football, it's ENTERTAINMENT! Simply about entertaining the paying customers (You and I) just like Hollywood. I was a loyal fan of boxing in the days of Mohamed Ali, Joe Frasier, George Forman, Tommy Hearns & Sugar Ray Leonard. I lost all hope that boxing was a true sport in 1990 when Mike Tyson got his ass handed to him for 9 of the 10 rounds before being knocked out when I learned that all three judges had Tyson ahead on points when Mike ended up on his back. Boxing had sadly become entertainment and joined the ranks of Hollywood and wrestling. :boxing:

The sport of boxing is no longer a sport. Like football, it's ENTERTAINMENT! Simply about entertaining the paying customers (You and I) just like Hollywood. I was a loyal fan of boxing in the days of Mohamed Ali, Joe Frasier, George Forman, Tommy Hearns & Sugar Ray Leonard. I lost all hope that boxing was a true sport in 1990 when Mike Tyson got his ass handed to him for 9 of the 10 rounds before being knocked out when I learned that all three judges had Tyson ahead on points when Mike ended up on his back. Boxing had sadly become entertainment and joined the ranks of Hollywood and wrestling. :boxing:

Sorry Tuff. Look at it this way. An NFL team.What is there ...50 men on the roster? They cant all be paid off.It cant be ALL rigged.

You quote Ali and Foreman....:rofl:
You mean back in the time when it wasn't about Hollywood...or Show Boatin' :whistle:

Ali took thousands of unessecary blows to the head. In the name of one of his styles.What he and his PROMOTOR thought was good boxing...No... good ticket sales and good TV.

"Rope-a dope" Ya,that rope a dope served him well. :whistle:

Foreman on the other hand.... well,at least he made a couple mill sellin' tiny BBQ's.

I mean he had to right? He had about 2 dozen children,named 90% of them George.

I mean,those are the perfectly sound rational decisiones of a boxer who didn't allow his brains to get beat in.

Who knows,maybe everything is rigged. Moto GP, Isle of Mann, yer local lotto ticket.:dunno:

Sweet dreams...:laugh: RSD.

Boxing is D E A D.

Long Live MMA :bowdown:

I wasted my $$$ to watch Mayweather hug a guy MORE than he punched him...it seriously put me and my wife to sleep. I knew Mayweather was a pathetic person outside the ring, but he just cemented the role everywhere with that performance. The fact that Manny was hurt?? Uhm--pretty sure EVERY fighter in EVERY sport, EVER, has had to deal with some kind of injury whilst performing--ITS CALLED SUCKING IT UP AND BEING A MAN--thats what Manny did, too bad the Judges didn't score the fight his way. I'm certain the greedy bastids that set THIS one up, will be happy to organize the next fight-that-nobody-in-boxing-will-ever-care-about-again:moon:

this is precisely why ppl don't watch Boxing any longer and precisely why MMA has become the only REAL fighting sport. the only down side to MMA is if you have a long awaited fight it may only last one round due to them using 4 oz gloves vs. big pillows like they use in Boxing.

THAT is the only upside to a premiere Boxing match is the fact that if you pay for the fight and want to have a few friends over or go to a bar and watch it while you eat you know its gonna last at least 10 rounds likely. not the same with a MMA title fight.

I think MMA would be far more popular and the fighters would get far more money if they hyped up the big matches more and didn't have a UFC fight every two months. Boxers fight maybe once a year. a UFC fighter may have to defend his title 2-3 times a year. due to the nature and brutality of the sport I think title fights should happen once a year.

Back