UFO Undertail Installed

(dadofthree @ Dec. 24 2006,15:42)
lurk.gif
beerchug.gif
Where's your rear pegs?
SHOCKED.gif
They are laying on the floor on the other side of Guinevere.

Don

tail3.jpg

is the light connection included with the kit or whatever so bad that everyone has to make a new harness for the tail lights n signals or what? Makes me a bit nervous cause this is the ONLY undertail I want

(redkat05 @ Jan. 06 2007,13:41) is the light connection included with the kit or whatever so bad that everyone has to make a new harness for the tail lights n signals or what? Makes me a bit nervous cause this is the ONLY undertail I want
The UFO and Mototeck tails have to be spliced into the stock harness ........I'm pretty sure that NONE of them are just plug ins.
sad.gif

I need to find an undertail that will work with a stretched dropped bike.

I dont like riding with out one.

(redkat05 @ Jan. 06 2007,12:41) is the light connection included with the kit or whatever so bad that everyone has to make a new harness for the tail lights n signals or what? Makes me a bit nervous cause this is the ONLY undertail I want
You don't have to build a new section of harness, just splice it in. I built a new harness for the turn signals because the lights for the turnsignals are such a small voltage drop, they blink fast like LEDs. I wanted to mount my load resistors on the metal bar that the hump latch is on, so I needed longer wires.

Don

Don,

What size of load resistors did you use for your turn signals? I have the same tail. I tested the stock lights resistance,and they came up at 1.7 ohms. Is that what you came up with?

Cheers,

Tony

(toastman @ Jan. 22 2007,19:39) Don,

What size of load resistors did you use for your turn signals? I have the same tail. I tested the stock lights resistance,and they came up at 1.7 ohms. Is that what you came up with?

Cheers,

Tony
The resistors I used are 20w 5ohm resistors. They are the big ceramic type (~1 3/4") long. They came with my Clear Alternatives Integrated unit.

To be honest with you I didn't bother to measure the resistance or do the math. I hooked the undertail up not knowing the bulb resistance was that low. It blinked fast like the LED unit w/o the resistors. I made an assumption (I know not supposed to do that) that the load resistors from that unit would work with these. It did. Uncle Sam spent lots of money training me as a tech but sometimes trial and error is more fun. They blink @ the stock rate now.

Don

(USN05LE @ Dec. 23 2006,16:44) Well, the most nerve racking mod that I have done. I invited Shibumi over last night for moral support, but I hacked her butt off and installed the UFO. Took over a week for prep and paint and then built a custom wiring harness for the turn signals. Here is the result.
look good. i have question.about your hmf pipes. is there alot of heat come from them .

Looks good..... I will be getting my UFO soon..... Cannot wait to see what it will look like on my bike........

(NX95240 @ Jan. 26 2007,04:10)
(USN05LE @ Dec. 23 2006,16:44) Well, the most nerve racking mod that I have done.  I invited Shibumi over last night for moral support, but I hacked her butt off and installed the UFO.  Took over a week for prep and paint and then built a custom wiring harness for the turn signals.  Here is the result.
look good. i have question.about your hmf pipes. is there alot of heat come from them .
They don't get too hot. The "S" pipes will get warm but the cans themselves don't get warm at all.

Don

Back