UFO Undertail Installed

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Well, the most nerve racking mod that I have done. I invited Shibumi over last night for moral support, but I hacked her butt off and installed the UFO. Took over a week for prep and paint and then built a custom wiring harness for the turn signals. Here is the result.

tail1.jpg

Lookin good brutha!!
super.gif

Quote-

"Well, the most nerve racking mod that I have done."- that was in reference to Dremeling off the rear of the bike.

Never thought I'd see a Navy boy so scared of tearin off a piece of tail!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

poke.gif

Seriously though, great job- look at the license plate and carbon fiber of the cans reflected in the finish!

Anyone got a rear hugger for cheap Don can put on to keep it that way??
rock.gif

laugh.gif

looks good,Im not interested in the headach ,I bought the eurotail and after the holidays the custom shop around here will install for $204.00 ($68 per hr x 3hrs labor)..money well spent.

nice job though bro.

Passenger pegs and exhaust brackets. All gone. I will try to get a full side shot later today. Guinevere looks really clean and sleek.

Don

(USN05LE @ Dec. 25 2006,02:01) Passenger pegs and exhaust brackets. All gone. I will try to get a full side shot later today. Guinevere looks really clean and sleek.

Don
How do you have the pipes braced without the brackets? Pics please?

NJ, not sure what you mean. I used the hatchet brackets from HMF. I cut the mounting bolts short to make up for the passenger bracket thickness, then added an extra washer. The hatchet brackets are in exactly the same spot because it goes frame, spacer(HMF), washer, bracket, washer, little washer, bolt. I will get some pics later today. Hope that answers your question.

Don

Back