• Iceman

Votes: 39 100.0%
  • Tito

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(fstbusa @ Oct. 11 2006,18:25)
(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 11 2006,07zzwhip.gif) Royce Gracie (in his prime) would beat them both...
I doubt it.

Gracie is good at one thing.... jujitsu.

champions these days like huges are just as good at jujitsu and have the standup and ground and pound to round out their skillz.

all the guys royce fought back in the early 90s were just backstreet brawlers for the most part.  Some had martial arts training but most were either wrestlers or bar brawlers.
To try and discredit Rouce Gracie is silly. Pat Smith, the 275 pound jujitsu champion, etc. weren't bar brawlers and wrestlers. There also wasn't a weight class, gloves or many rules. NO biting or eye gouging. That was it. No stopping the fight for groin shots.

I say Tito. He is on a roll again. He is back in his game. He wants his belt back. He knows if he blows this it might be awhile or never if he gets another shot at the title. Yes he is with Jenna. She looked good. Nice pics above!! I was going to post them but you beat me to it. I think chuck is going down this time. My 2 cents

I like Tito.  Anyone who steps in the ring has a punchers chance of landing the big shot.  I just think that Chuck wins this fight 9 out of 10 times.

If Randy can't take Chuck down (and Tito couldn't either the first time around), why will this time be any different?  Randy has been wrestling for more years than Tito's been alive.  Tito standing with Chuck is bad news for Team Punishment.

I'm giving Tito round one to get Chuck down.  If Tito can't establish effective ground and pound in round one then it's only a matter of time before he gets caught and put to sleep by Chuck's overhand.   bowdown.gif

With regard to Royce...He is a legend for bringing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to the masses. Without him proving the effectiveness of submissions we would most likely still have stylistic fights similar to what we seen in the early UFC days. Kickboxer Vs. Kung Fu guy

all_coholic.gif Thank goodness that's not the case

I also think that today's fighters have evolved. They all have their specialities but they are all proficient in standup, clinch, and ground. (Not to mention that today's competitors all have incorporated nutrition, strength, and conditioning too)

This is not to take away from or disrespect Royce or the pioneers of the sport of MMA but their is no comparison between any of them in their prime to today's athletes. Matt Hughes versus a Royce in his prime goes the same way. Royce in his prime vs today's champion in a bigger weight class (185, 205, or Hvy wght) leads to a brutal knockout.

Once again, this is no disrespect to Royce, but a testament to today's champions!

(mikeo @ Oct. 11 2006,08:44)
(fstbusa @ Oct. 11 2006,18:25)
(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 11 2006,07zzwhip.gif) Royce Gracie (in his prime) would beat them both...
I doubt it.

Gracie is good at one thing.... jujitsu.

champions these days like huges are just as good at jujitsu and have the standup and ground and pound to round out their skillz.

all the guys royce fought back in the early 90s were just backstreet brawlers for the most part. Some had martial arts training but most were either wrestlers or bar brawlers.
To try and discredit Rouce Gracie is silly. Pat Smith, the 275 pound jujitsu champion, etc. weren't bar brawlers and wrestlers. There also wasn't a weight class, gloves or many rules. NO biting or eye gouging. That was it. No stopping the fight for groin shots.
I was not trying to discredit Royce in any way. This guy says it perfectly. And you didn't read my post entirely. I said a few were trained in martial arts but for the most part alot of them were wrestlers and brawlers. Go back and watch UFC 1-10. Alot of guys that were fighting had no real technique other than to try and knock your teeth in. Still the guys were tough but IMO not to the caliber of todays champions

This is not to take away from or disrespect Royce or the pioneers of the sport of MMA but their is no comparison between any of them in their prime to today's athletes. Matt Hughes versus a Royce in his prime goes the same way. Royce in his prime vs today's champion in a bigger weight class (185, 205, or Hvy wght) leads to a brutal knockout.

Once again, this is no disrespect to Royce, but a testament to today's champions![/Quote]

(extreemachine @ Oct. 11 2006,21:48) I say Tito. He is on a roll again.
I wouldn't call it a "roll". Think about it, he beat a far-past-prime Shamrock and BARELY beat new-comer Forrest Griffin. A fight which many believe Forrest won. Yet still neither one of those guys are anywhere near Liddell's level.

Tito is like a K5. He beat a 2004 750cc in Griffin and a 1999 ZX-11 in Shamrock. Now he has to go up against a ZX-14! I would have said Hayabusa, but I didn't just incase Ortiz pulls out a win. biggrin.gif

And on the Gracie thing. The UFC fighters have evolved, Gracie has not. I'll leave it at that. I will say this though, even in his prime there is no way ... I repeat ... NO WAY ... Gracie can go through 3 of the top 7 fighters in the UFC, from welter-weight on up, in 1 night.

In no particular order
1) Liddell
2) Hughes
3) Franklin
4) Tim Silvia
5) G.S.P.
6) Ortiz
7) Arlovski

(Spigga @ Oct. 12 2006,04:51)
(extreemachine @ Oct. 11 2006,21:48) I say Tito. He is on a roll again.
I wouldn't call it a "roll". Think about it, he beat a far-past-prime Shamrock and BARELY beat new-comer Forrest Griffin. A fight which many believe Forrest won. Yet still neither one of those guys are anywhere near Liddell's level.

Tito is like a K5. He beat a 2004 750cc in Griffin and a 1999 ZX-11 in Shamrock. Now he has to go up against a ZX-14! I would have said Hayabusa, but I didn't just incase Ortiz pulls out a win. biggrin.gif  

And on the Gracie thing. The UFC fighters have evolved, Gracie has not. I'll leave it at that. I will say this though, even in his prime there is no way ... I repeat ... NO WAY ... Gracie can go through 3 of the top 7 fighters in the UFC, from welter-weight on up, in 1 night.

In no particular order
1) Liddell
2) Hughes
3) Franklin
4) Tim Silvia
5) G.S.P.
6) Ortiz
7) Arlovski
+1

To all of that...

(rlachermeier @ Oct. 12 2006,13:27)
(Spigga @ Oct. 12 2006,04:51) .... He beat a 2004 750cc in Griffin and a 1999 ZX-11 in Shamrock...
If Shame-rock (Not mis-spelled) is a 1999 ZX-11
how can Griffin only be a 2004 750cc???
Newer (younger) and not as experienced (not as many cc's). smile.gif

a)to answer the question put to me by this post-Iceman will take out Tito any day...that bleached Monkey is only known for beating up on an old man, not holding a belt and beating the crap out of other skilled fighters of the same caliber-Chuck is a "Just Bring It" champ-anyone, anytime. Tito is a "hey, look at me, I'm dating a girl whose had more sausage in her than a Butcher's freezer!! doesn't that make me cool?"
I'm sorry-wait, no Im not...but F**k Tito. he's so Hollywood even geeks that dont watch UFC know who he is. and now, dating Jenna "Screwd'em All" Jameson?? anything to keep his silly Ape-face in the lime-light.

b)who's REALLY going to be Chuck's nemesis???

(BigDiesel @ Oct. 12 2006,20:42) b)who's REALLY going to be Chuck's nemesis???
He wants revenge on PRIDE FIGHTER Quinton Jackson. After he gets past Ortiz I think he'll do whatever it takes to get a shot at Quinton. If he can't for whatever reason, he may as well try to become the second fighter in UFC history to hold the belt in 2 weight classes (Cotour), because there is no one else in the light-heavy weight division who can test him.

(Spigga @ Oct. 12 2006,12:31)
(rlachermeier @ Oct. 12 2006,13:27)
(Spigga @ Oct. 12 2006,04:51) .... He beat a 2004 750cc in Griffin and a 1999 ZX-11 in Shamrock...
If Shame-rock (Not mis-spelled) is a 1999 ZX-11
how can Griffin only be a 2004 750cc???
Newer (younger) and not as experienced (not as many cc's). smile.gif
That would have to be a 1999 ZX-11 in dire need of engine work. biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

I still think Tito. He is on a roll in his own mind. Even though Forest was a close fight and some say he lost to Forest. Even though Shamrock is old etc.. he still beat him. In his mind he is on a roll and back in the game. He has a title shot. State of mind is alot in the fight game. I think he has a shot at beating Chuck. If he doesn't I have no idea who is up next for him that could?

(extreemachine @ Oct. 13 2006,23:06) I still think Tito. He is on a roll in his own mind. Even though Forest was a close fight and some say he lost to Forest. Even though Shamrock is old etc.. he still beat him. In his mind he is on a roll and back in the game. He has a title shot. State of mind is alot in the fight game.
More often than not, over-confidence will lead to your demise.

<marquee>Man, that sounded like a cheap movie line!</marquee>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back