Votes: 39 100.0%
  • Tito

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlachermeier

Registered
UFC fans witnessed the obvious last night. Like Joe Rogan stated "if Ken was to beat Tito it would be a bigger upset than Buster Douglas beating Tyson".

Like him or not Tito has in my estimation been improving. I am definitely impressed with his cardio. And you have to give him credit he did a good job coaching on the TV series.

Now in December he will be taking on Chuck in a rematch for his belt. I am a huge Iceman fan and hope he can hang onto the belt for a long while but I am having my doubts after seeing Tito fight lately.... even if it was against Ken.

What do you think???

I was disappointed in the Tito and Ken fight. I was hoping ken would at least put up a better fight, but as you said Tito is strong right now.

It amazes me the strength that the "Ice Man" has. He seems to me to be more of a "let's tear this sh** up right now" and Tito is becoming a fancy boy. My vote is for "Ice man".

Side note is Tito dating Jeanna Jamenson?? I thought she was married.

chuck liddel will rock his world
the man is a machine
tito went up against a antique in shamrock. liddel is older but he has more skills.

They trained together long ago and Tito was never able to hang. Tito has improved, but so has Chuck.

yes hes dating jenna and i think he will win.he has excellent ground skills for a freestyle fighter but if chuck can keep him on his feet hes got a good shot.anybody know why they arent friends anymore?

Because Ortiz didn't want to give Chuck a title shot from my understanding.

They say Chuck is one of the toughest fighters to take down and even tougher to keep down.

Tito will absolutely have to take Lidell to the canvas and to do that you have to get close and well we've seen what's happened to the last several who got a bit too close!!! Lidell is the best I've ever seen at exlpoiting an opening. When he knocked out Sobral, he just back pedaled until there was an opening and crack a short jab took him down. It's got to be in Tito's mind what happened last time and he will not win a stand up competition against Lidell!

Agreed.
The problem with these fighters is their ego. They don't just want to beat Chuck, they want to beat Chuck at his own game. Randy, Horn, Sobral, and Ortiz all tried. Except for Randy in their first go-round, they all got knocked out.

In order for Ortiz to win he'll have to fight his fight ... not Chuck's.

Even Randy tried to fight his own game agaisnt Chuck. Only problem there is that Chuck is actually a decent grappler and great wrestler. He chooses to only use those skills to get the fight back up on its feet where he is the best though. That is why Randy wasn't able to hold him down long enough to do any damage after their first fight. Anybody who has followed Chuck's career at all can see that in the first fight with Randy he wasn't anywhere near his normal self. He knows exactly how hungry Tito is and also knows that he will knock Tito out again.

(Spigga @ Oct. 11 2006,13:15) Because Ortiz didn't want to give Chuck a title shot from my understanding.

They say Chuck is one of the toughest fighters to take down and even tougher to keep down.
+1

That's my understanding as well.

At least he knows what she will do in bed. he can watch all the videos of the guys before him.

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 11 2006,07:32) Royce Gracie (in his prime) would beat them both...
I doubt it.

Gracie is good at one thing.... jujitsu.

champions these days like huges are just as good at jujitsu and have the standup and ground and pound to round out their skillz.

all the guys royce fought back in the early 90s were just backstreet brawlers for the most part. Some had martial arts training but most were either wrestlers or bar brawlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back