Ufc on july 8th!!! predictions??

BigDiesel

Registered
okay fight fans, its getn to be 'bout that time!!!
The Hughes/Gracie fight was a huge dissapointment for me, but it was obvious Huges had Gracie's # from the bell.

I'm hoping Shamrock knocks Tito's head off, but I'm betn Tito is gunna whup his butt even worse this time...2 rnds, then Tito gets the TKO.
Sylvia rang Orlavsky's bell last time, but their first meet Andre got Tim into a submission...I think he can do it again, if Tim makes even a small mistake-n Olavsky is faster n deadlier on his feet IMO.

So, whadda you guys think???

The Card

I think it is a toss up between Slyvia and Arlovski. But I think that Arlovski has a really good chance to come take back the title.

I would like to see Shamrock win but I think Tito is gonna take that fight.

As for the rest: I think it will be Christison over Mir, Burkman over Neer and Stevenson over Edwards.

I would be wrong though, happened plenty of times before.

Tito over Shamrock.. (Sorry, but Shamrock is past his prime)

Sylvia v. Arlovsky: Sylvia.. Arlovsky never lost before, never been knocked out.. I think Sylvia will have the mental edge.

Just my 2 cent  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|rtvegas
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150850505 -->

i hate to say but i think tito will get him again. im an older dude and i wish shamrock would kick his a** to the preverbial curb. tito has no respect for shamrock and that proves hes just a jerk. in a fight talented youth will almost always prevail over talented age, but the fact that tito doesnt realize/respect that the only reason he has a career is because of guys like shamrock ticks me off. most of time when guys get "over the hill" and loose the opponet will at least show some class before and after the bout. in the other bout i think arlovski will whip him but who knows. im ready for rich "jim carrey" franklin to get healthly and come back.
biggrin.gif

i almost forgot, shamrock, in other countries where fighting is like football in america, cant even walk the streets. in japan shamrock has an arcade game made about him. can tito say that?.....NOT!!!!!!!!!!! he has to hope PS2 or xbox comes out with something. im talking about pay games like an arcade. do thay still have those??? dang im gettin old.

tito
arlovski although I like both of them (arlovski dropped sylvia with 1 punch each fight and he is a much more well rounded figher. He has standup and submissions. Neither has seen much ground time.)
mir
neer
edwards (stevenson looked like a joke in his last ufc appearance. I've seen yves kick major rear)

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150854423 -->

man....guess its unanimous on Shamrock...i agree, but really hope (knowing full well it wont happen) that Tito shows a little more respect to Shamrock after this fight-dont think he would even if Shamrock did beat him.:(

i almost forgot, shamrock, in other countries where fighting is like football in america, cant even walk the streets. in japan shamrock has an arcade game made about him. can tito say that?.....NOT!!!!!!!!!!! he has to hope PS2 or xbox comes out with something. im talking about pay games like an arcade. do thay still have those??? dang im gettin old.
LOL!

True, he even had a cartoon in Japan. Yet still, that doesn't take away from the fact that Ortiz beat the crap out of him in their 1st fight. Ortiz didn't even look as if he was involved in a fight while Shamrock looked as if he was jump by some teenage Crips with baseball bats.

As for the heavy-weights, I'm can't make a prediction but since Lady Spigga has a crush on Arlovski, I'm rooting for Sylvia.

Gotta keep my fingers crossed on that one though ...

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150875760 -->

i.jpg

not really made about tito but he is on the cover of ufc throwdown. Great game btw.

ufcthrowdown.jpg

After watching season 3 of ultimate fighters, i think shanrock is an a**hole. Tito should go thru him like butter!!!
I know Shamrock isnt the nicest guy out there, n I will say Tito was a WAY more efficient coach than Shamrock-but I think Shamrock only took the job to get in Tito's face again. The man is still stingn from the a55-kickn Tito gave him back in the day, n then never followed up with a rematch.

But nobody can say Ortiz has done anywhere near as much for the sport of MMA as Shamrock. Rappers use his friggin name in their songs, fer crissake! Shamrock has been universal name for MMA since before they called it MMA. If Tito never fought Shamrock, he would not have the fame that he does now. Shamrock MADE Tito with their fight. Before Ken, Tito was just another up-n-comer.

After watching season 3 of ultimate fighters, i think shanrock is an a**hole. Tito should go thru him like butter!!!
I know Shamrock isnt the nicest guy out there, n I will say Tito was a WAY more efficient coach than Shamrock-but I think Shamrock only took the job to get in Tito's face again. The man is still stingn from the a55-kickn Tito gave him back in the day, n then never followed up with a rematch.

But nobody can say Ortiz has done anywhere near as much for the sport of MMA as Shamrock. Rappers use his friggin name in their songs, fer crissake! Shamrock has been universal name for MMA since before they called it MMA. If Tito never fought Shamrock, he would not have the fame that he does now. Shamrock MADE Tito with their fight. Before Ken, Tito was just another up-n-comer.
It is true, but Tito did beat Shamrock so he is not just an up and comer any longer.... he is here.... Don't get me wrong, I agree that Shamrock has done alot for the sport, but the fact remains he is getting up in years for MMA...

okay fight fans, its getn to be 'bout that time!!!
The Hughes/Gracie fight was a huge dissapointment for me, but it was obvious Huges had Gracie's # from the bell.

I'm hoping Shamrock knocks Tito's head off, but I'm betn Tito is gunna whup his butt even worse this time...2 rnds, then Tito gets the TKO.
Sylvia rang Orlavsky's bell last time, but their first meet Andre got Tim into a submission...I think he can do it again, if Tim makes even a small mistake-n Olavsky is faster n deadlier on his feet IMO.

So, whadda you guys think???
Been a huge fan of the UFC from day 1.
Agree 100% with your predictions.
My daughter loves Tito so much she cried when he lost to Chuck. The rest of us were laughing and cheering (I know we're a$$es)
That one definitely set him back.

Tito definitely gain some respect from me this last season as a coach.

It is true, but Tito did beat Shamrock so he is not just an up and comer any longer.... he is here.... Don't get me wrong, I agree that Shamrock has done alot for the sport, but the fact remains he is getting up in years for MMA...
I recognize what Shamrock did for MMA. And when Tito got in the UFC, we was destroying his oponents so easily. And he was also very arogant. And I didn't like his sportmanship. But like I said, after see season 3 of Ultimate Fighters, I saw that Tito is a nicer person unless it was pure acting to make Shamrock look like a fool. If that is the case, it worked.
I have a friend that knows the 2 guys, and what you see on the show is who they are in real life.

talked to a few guys at a magazine release party last night who trained in P. Miletich camp for a bit. They bumped into Tito at a fight n after talking briefly, they both say he was pretty cool dude-not cocky just confident. Guess he's finally starting to mature...he should, he's fuggin older than I am!
biggrin.gif

Back