UFC Brock Lesnar //// Monkey Boy?

Both of those guys are very large but neither have the wrestling background of Lesnar.

Being a big guy yourself and having trained in BJJ you know that once you reach Purple Belt level you can counter and/or power out of almost anything thrown at you by significantly smaller guys (and that's in BJJ competition).

Now give yourself the ability to punch them in the face and it changes the game immensely. Lesnar is learning the BJJ game from Greg Nelson and Eric Paulson. With his wrestling background, infinite training time and money, he'll get up to BJJ speed in no time. At least to the Purple Belt level.

The only chance a smaller guy has is to string subs and sweeps together in mass such that the top game can't pin you down and beat you to a pulp.

I don't hesitate to say that Fedor is a bad man. He could very well win the fight in dominating fashion (most likely from strikes). However, I don't count Brock out of making it a war.

Both of those guys are very large but neither have the wrestling background of Lesnar.

Being a big guy yourself and having trained in BJJ you know that once you reach Purple Belt level you can counter and/or power out of almost anything thrown at you by significantly smaller guys (and that's in BJJ competition).

Now give yourself the ability to punch them in the face and it changes the game immensely. Lesnar is learning the BJJ game from Greg Nelson and Eric Paulson. With his wrestling background, infinite training time and money, he'll get up to BJJ speed in no time. At least to the Purple Belt level.

The only chance a smaller guy has is to string subs and sweeps together in mass such that the top game can't pin you down and beat you to a pulp.

I don't hesitate to say that Fedor is a bad man. He could very well win the fight in dominating fashion (most likely from strikes). However, I don't count Brock out of making it a war.

lesner is about 280 day of fight (weigh in at 265, cutting water weight)...
fedor is probably about 230 240.......
a 230-240lb man is not weak by any means... if someone of that size has you in ANY kind of submission and its really sunk in there.. you cant power out of it, no matter how big you are... lesner who is 280, can not curl fedor putting over 500+ pounds of resistant on his elbow (or any other joint).

yes, we both know they have knock out power.. i think brock needs to fight tim silvia first just to see how he would do vs another big guy.

I'm with you. The biggest problem the UFC has is who's next for Brock? The rubber match with Mir isn't exciting. Kongo has zero take down defense. Cro Cop hasn't looked all that great since he entered the UFC. Gonzaga would be an interesting match up but he's a long way from a title shot. Big Nog would be interesting too but he just lost to Mir.

Sylvia and Fedor are signed with other promotions. So is Brett Rogers. They'll have to go outside the org to get a challenge for him.

I'm with you. The biggest problem the UFC has is who's next for Brock? The rubber match with Mir isn't exciting. Kongo has zero take down defense. Cro Cop hasn't looked all that great since he entered the UFC. Gonzaga would be an interesting match up but he's a long way from a title shot. Big Nog would be interesting too but he just lost to Mir.

Sylvia and Fedor are signed with other promotions. So is Brett Rogers. They'll have to go outside the org to get a challenge for him.

i dont know why they are trying to have brock fight the best in the world so early in his career... 5 fights into it and they are trying to make him fight the best in the world? hes not even 5 and 0!!!

i would be very offended if i were a pro fighter... i think brock should climb the ladder like every other fighter.... you ask any heavy weight who has 15+ fights if they would want a chance at brock..they would say yes in a heart beat... why? for the sport and to get their chance to prove themselves.

Would love to see Fedor and Lesnar. Lesnar could potentially win a Ground n' Pound match. He would need to shoot low from the outside and avoid attempting to clinch (ie getting within boxing distance while standing).

If he could get him down without sustaining too much damage he could hold the smaller man down and pound him out (he did it to Mir who is at least as skilled, if not better, than Fedor on the ground and 15 to 20 lbs heavier).

far more experienced fighters have run into serious problems taking Fedor down to the mat, and Fedor has been down many times..

did you see what happened to man choi as man choi was performing a little ground and pound on Fedor?

Fedors been in some serious brawls only to eventually come out on top, the problem fighting Fedor is he has the striking power of George Foreman and can absorb Foreman powered blows, get Fedor on the mat and he's going to twist a limb off if you don't tap out, he's an extremely skilled grappler...

Lez can't take hits like Fedor and he can't hit hard enough to knock Fedor out and he doesn't have the ground skills to defend against Fedors grappling and Lez has no grapple skills to employ of his own...

putting Lez in the cage with Fedor is the equivalent of walking up to a huge hornets nest and poking it with a stick and sticking around for a while...

Lesnar has proved he has no respect for MMA and the UFC by way of his antics and trash talking, my guess is Randy will pay Fedor whatever he wants to get in the ring with Lez simply to watch Fedor educate Lez on the value of respect for the UFC and for MMA.....

it will be fun to watch, I'll give nancy boy 45 seconds tops with Fedor.....

Last edited:
this really is a lot of talk about nothing......

brock does not have the experience to beat Fedor at the present time.....

its not only about speed, and strength....

as the first fight with Mir illustrates, you could be icking the crap out of someone....but if you get sloppy, you can get caught in a submission that you never saw comming.

i know brock is training with Paulson who is one of the best....he still only has four fights, and that is a big handicap against a skilled fighter like Fedor, who has both skill and experience.

i am really looking forward to Fedor v. Barnett next week....it should be good.

Twisted, I hope your right but I think your a little biased against lesnar on this.
Lesnar can't punch? He fractured Heath Hearings skull lol.

Brock has proven he is perfectly capable of holding 225-250lb men on the ground with ease. I don't see fedor fairing any better unless he packs on at least 20 to 30lbs of lean muscle.

One thing I found humorous was how Mir was making fun of Lesnar's training methods. i.e the tire pulling, weight training ect. lol that training is was why Mir got rocked.

don't like Barnetts chances any more than I like Lesnars, Josh was asked in an interveiw what his gane plan was? he replied; "control the tempo and the fighter" he was then asked what Fedors weaknesses were? he didn't have an answer for that...

heres my take on what it will take to beat Fedor...

1st and foremost... reaction, reaction, reaction.....

all the training, strength and stamina in the world wont help you if you cannot anticipate your opponents moves and react in not only a defensive manner but in the case of Fedor you will need to be offensive at the same time, like Fedor himself...

I've watched several of Fedors fights and he is particularly happy going toe to toe exchanging fists, or, fighting out of a prone position, he has many submissions out of the prone, arm bars, achilles lock, chokes and so on, he does well in a defensive stance on the mat...

many think that getting him on the mat and avoiding his sledge hammer fists is the way to go and many have found that train of thought disappointing....

lets not forget Fedor has one of the best ground-n-pound games in the biz...

so how can fedor be defeated?

you must be able to react defensively while serving up some offense at the same time...

upright Fedor will come at you with the sledghammers and keep coming whether your tagging him or not so you will need real quick foot work combined with upper body movement to slide the barrage of punches coming at you while at the same time delivering a few knuckles of your own, don't back peddle! sidestep and weave, work his ribs and lower jaw from the side, you will need to be in exceptional shape as Fedor will throw his ankle at your head and ribs too, something you really can't avoid you just need to be conditioned enough to absorb them and be ready to counter an opening...

16 of his 28 wins were submisions, 6 were TKO's, 7 were decisions with one no contest and one TKO loss 17 seconds into the fight which Fedor claimed was an illegal elbow, the fight was stopped due to blood loss during a tournament which Fedor could not continue while Koshaka advanced racking it up as a loss for Fedor..

with so many submission wins for Fedor going to the mat with him could be fatal unless you have some serious grappling skills, he can lock you up while prone or pound you if he gains body control...

wearing him down may be the only way and that means you will have to absorb kicks and punches while staying upright and serving it up yourself, he has 7 decisions so you will need to score and stay alive at the same time...

this may vry well be the type of control Josh is talking about? we will know aug 1st if Barnett has the skill to see it through... :beerchug:

Twisted, I hope your right but I think your a little biased against lesnar on this.
Lesnar can't punch? He fractured Heath Hearings skull lol.

Brock has proven he is perfectly capable of holding 225-250lb men on the ground with ease. I don't see fedor fairing any better unless he packs on at least 20 to 30lbs of lean muscle.

One thing I found humorous was how Mir was making fun of Lesnar's training methods. i.e the tire pulling, weight training ect. lol that training is was why Mir got rocked.

Fedor is the wrong man to grapple with, I know of at least 4 submissions he has from the prone position, he is very skilled in that area and I don't see where Barnett has the experience or training to go there..

and cracking Heaths skull and cracking Fedors skull are separate chores, Fedors entire bone structure is some sort of alloy not from this planet, you saw what Randleman did to Fedor and Randleman decided to tap out in the end, as far as size and weight goes its not a factor with Fedor, just look at how he handled Man Choi..

Fedor has a huge background, 1 pride GP title, 4 world combat sambo titles and a Russian judo medal, not too mention all his other MMA wins, Barnett has 5 losses out of his total of 29 fights, Fedor prolly had to win 24 bouts just to get the Russian medal...

I've watched both fighters in action and the only chance I feel Josh has is on his feet outscoring Fedor in a decision, but to do that he will have to absorb an enormous amount of punishment to both the body and the head at the same time delivering..

Fedor is no joke, he can take it as well as deliver it and he's always in the zone....

If this fight were to ever happen...All I know is that there will be one winner in the cage and millions of "winners" across the world who had the chance to see such an event.

Regardless who beats who, the fans would be the winners...

If this fight were to ever happen...All I know is that there will be one winner in the cage and millions of "winners" across the world who had the chance to see such an event.

Regardless who beats who, the fans would be the winners...

this is true!! they have brock as the heel with his recent antics (which is a big attention getter) and fedor coming to ufc (which everyone has been screaming for for years). End result, mega mega money on a ppv for dana white and the ufc!

don't like Barnetts chances any more than I like Lesnars, Josh was asked in an interveiw what his gane plan was? he replied; "control the tempo and the fighter" he was then asked what Fedors weaknesses were? he didn't have an answer for that...

heres my take on what it will take to beat Fedor...

1st and foremost... reaction, reaction, reaction.....

all the training, strength and stamina in the world wont help you if you cannot anticipate your opponents moves and react in not only a defensive manner but in the case of Fedor you will need to be offensive at the same time, like Fedor himself...

I've watched several of Fedors fights and he is particularly happy going toe to toe exchanging fists, or, fighting out of a prone position, he has many submissions out of the prone, arm bars, achilles lock, chokes and so on, he does well in a defensive stance on the mat...

many think that getting him on the mat and avoiding his sledge hammer fists is the way to go and many have found that train of thought disappointing....

lets not forget Fedor has one of the best ground-n-pound games in the biz...

so how can fedor be defeated?

you must be able to react defensively while serving up some offense at the same time...

upright Fedor will come at you with the sledghammers and keep coming whether your tagging him or not so you will need real quick foot work combined with upper body movement to slide the barrage of punches coming at you while at the same time delivering a few knuckles of your own, don't back peddle! sidestep and weave, work his ribs and lower jaw from the side, you will need to be in exceptional shape as Fedor will throw his ankle at your head and ribs too, something you really can't avoid you just need to be conditioned enough to absorb them and be ready to counter an opening...

16 of his 28 wins were submisions, 6 were TKO's, 7 were decisions with one no contest and one TKO loss 17 seconds into the fight which Fedor claimed was an illegal elbow, the fight was stopped due to blood loss during a tournament which Fedor could not continue while Koshaka advanced racking it up as a loss for Fedor..

with so many submission wins for Fedor going to the mat with him could be fatal unless you have some serious grappling skills, he can lock you up while prone or pound you if he gains body control...

wearing him down may be the only way and that means you will have to absorb kicks and punches while staying upright and serving it up yourself, he has 7 decisions so you will need to score and stay alive at the same time...

this may vry well be the type of control Josh is talking about? we will know aug 1st if Barnett has the skill to see it through... :beerchug:

believe me i am not fooling myself, fedor is the best......i would just like to see josh win, i work out at Paulson's gym in Cali, josh is a regular there, i have met him...so i would like to see him do well......

that being said, i think we will see at the weigh in. if josh is lean, and muscular there should be a good fight....if he is a little soft around the belly, i think fedor will beat him soundly.

"Fedor claimed was an illegal elbow"

it was illegal, you cant elbow in pride.. guy threw a right and missed fedors face but happened to connect with his elbow (on the follow through)

fedor and barnett will be a great fight!! My guess is it goes 5 rounds. Barnett can take a punch and has great take down defense. should be interesting for sure!!! im a HUGE fan of both. ill be a fence walker on this fight... i want both guys to win. (but i will be a little sad if fedor lost)

Fedor is a true Champion while Lesnar is just the next big thing.... sure Lesnar can fight and sure hes big but with his attitude there is little to no room for him in the UFC... One lesson I learned in life is there is ALWAYS someone bigger and badder no matter who you are !

believe me i am not fooling myself, Fedor is the best......i would just like to see josh win, i work out at Paulson's gym in Cali, josh is a regular there, i have met him...so i would like to see him do well......

that being said, i think we will see at the weigh in. if josh is lean, and muscular there should be a good fight....if he is a little soft around the belly, i think Fedor will beat him soundly.

if anyone will be soft around the belly it will be Fedor but I don't think Josh has any illusions about this fight, however I do feel he knows what needs to be done, the question is can he get it done? many fighters have been in immaculate shape against Fedor, wasn't the ticket, at least not with their approach, the real ticket is to get Fedor out of his zone, confuse him, show him something new, like outscoring him...

One lesson I learned in life is there is ALWAYS someone bigger and badder no matter who you are !
Makes you wonder... SOMEONE has to be the biggest and baddest.

Bet he rides a twin turbo, stretched, slammed 'Busa... with NOS... and a supercharger... and a TRE.
:laugh:

Last edited:
well fellas, sherdog.com is saying that they have reports that josh barnett tested positive and will possibly not be fighting fedor, this is gonna suck if its true. they even said old vitor belfort said hed step in and fight fedor and belfort is a light heavy. who knows if this is true. i hope not.

Lesnar has the overdeveloped jaw and brow typical of steroid/growth hormone abusers. His claim is that he has never failed a drug test. I have not seen him quoted as saying he has never used performance enhancing drugs.

With about 3 years of WWE wrestling, where steroid use is rampant, I would not be a bit surprised if he juiced then. I don't know how widespread testing is for college athletics. I wouldn't be surprised if he was tested during his NFL time. Then there was more time in pro wrestling. He's probably peed into a cup a few times for the UFC.

Steroids can easily be tested for, but growth hormone isn't as easy to catch. Gains from steroid use to go away when hormones return to natural levels, those from growth hormone may last longer.

Lesnar's main attribute is his size. No doubt he is an incredibly skilled wrestler, but he hasn't drawn much on that in the fights he has had. He's a disrespectful punk, and I'd like to see him get his ass kicked for that reason alone.

DING,DING,DING.......WE HAVE A WINNER! BROCK IS THE SAME SIZE HE WAS IN THE WWE AND IS THE SAME SIZE NOW!HE WAS USING THEN AND HE'S USING NOW! I DIDN'T LIKE HIM IN THE WWE AND DON'T LIKE HIM IN THE UFC! I DON'T SEE NO ONE BEATING HIM FOR A WHILE,BUT I WILL CONTINUE WATCHIN IN HOPES OF SOMEONE GETTING HIM.:whistle:

Back