Ufc 60 hughes vs gracie

Ufc 60 hughes vs gracie - Who will win

• Royce Gracie

Votes: 38 100.0%
  • Matt Hughes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think that even on the mat he will show Gracie some serious ownage. I remember how dominant Gracie was in the first few UFCs but it is a whole new game now. I'll bet it wont even make it 2 full rounds.

I think that even on the mat he will show Gracie some serious ownage. I remember how dominant Gracie was in the first few UFCs but it is a whole new game now. I'll bet it wont even make it 2 full rounds.
BTW, I was wrong in the last UFC. I thought that Forest woudl beat Tito and that Andre would beat Tim.

So, what the hell do I know anyway?

My vote is for Gracie.
super.gif

huges is more powerful and a better striker.

gracie may be more versed at submission but matt ain't no slouch in this area either.

Gracie is an awesome fighter but things have changed drastically since he was last in the octagon and I think Matt will take it in the 2nd after giving Gracie a beating . I dont think Gracie has ever been slammed the way Hughes will slam him .

BTW, I was wrong in the last UFC. I thought that Forest woudl beat Tito and that Andre would beat Tim.

So, what the hell do I know anyway?
actually in my opinion forest did beat tito would have liked it to go another couple rounds.. As far as gracie goes when he faught before it was start to finish not rounds I think that will benifet Matt gracie is strictly ground Jujitsu where as matt is a more rounded fighter not to mention the age and strength differance . Now if gracie has improved on stand up it might be differant . I like and respect Gracie and would not stand a chance against him or matt but i think matt will take it in a decision dont think there will be a submission unless gracie catches matt dont see matt catching gracie in one ..All in all its gonna be worth the 39. pay per view fee .....Either one wins im happy just glad to see gracie still around..

MMA has evolved greatly since Gracie's days in the octagon. Given the fact that Gracie is older and has been away for so long, I would say Matt Hughes has the advantage. But again, anything can happen in there.. Hughes can be submitted if he makes a mistake.

I've been watching UFC for a long while now, and Gracie is my favourite. I'm betting on the fight, and my money is on him...(Gracie). I can't bet against him just on principle - he (was) a GOD.

HOWEVER, I think Matt will kill him. C'mon, Gracie has been out of the ring forever, Matt is at his peak, and Matt is an absolute Monster. Even if it gets close, and Gracie has a chance I just don't think he can compete with the raw/youthful/experienced/superstrength of Hughes. Remember Franklin vs. Quarry?

I think Matt will break out of every submission Gracie offers, and at the end of the first or second round will beat him by tapout due to kimora.

gracie has been fighting in japan and not really out of the ring. Maybe out of the octagon but not out of fighting.
smile.gif

I like Royce, and his family has forever changed the face of martial arts BUT...

Matt Hughes, Rd 2 by ref stoppage...either a cut or several unanswered strikes. It's going to be a brutal ground and pound.

I've seen alot of Gracie's fights, n several of Hughes. I don't think age will matter n Gracie is going to take Matt to the mat-then its just a matter of time before the inevitable submission. I know Matt will not go quickly-so much the better for me to watch-but he will not get Gracie to stay on his feet, n as soon as they go down, its all Gracie's fight. I say Gracie in the 2nd or 3rd by submission. May the best man win.

Back