u have a G1 phone? lets talk apps

ResidentEvil

Registered
ok chomp sms is ok but Handcent sms is far better a ton of options you can send pics ..video ect in the sms messages :poke:

Good thing about the G1 it has stereo Bluetooth and I can listen to my music from the phone VIA Chatterbox answer calls ..foward..skip tracks ...ect

The Iphone is still king....Ahh look SHE has a G1 How cute.... :rofl:

Just joking around. I do have one question and that is how long does that plastic hinge last that splits the phone? Thats one of the reasons I couldn't get the G1.

had mine for a year no problems ..hey send me a video or picture text from your I-Phone:whistle:
I-Phone is cool they were first but I have to have a keyboard...the G1 have the on screen one too I just don't like it...

Oh and my Iphone has more firmware adds than you think sir. SMS pics on the iphone have been possible since it was released years ago.:whistle:

You just have to get the adds

Oh and my Iphone has more firmware adds than you think sir. SMS pics on the iphone have been possible since it was released years ago.:whistle:

You just have to get the adds

I second that. IMHO Jailbroken Iphone is superior to anything on the market now.

IMG_0059.png

IMG_0060.png

IMG_0061.png

IMG_0062.png

I haven't hacked into my phone...I did when I had a windows phone. I had a T Mobile wing and I was on XDA-Developers all the time :thumbsup:

I love the G1 an actually wanted to upgrade from my Dare to it, but I would have to change service providers an Team Mobile has some significant wholes in coverage in my area. But I love that phone:thumbsup: Can you still make an edit ringtones right on the phone from the MP3 player on the phone??? That feature alone had it just about sold till I saw the coverage map:poke:

I love the G1 an actually wanted to upgrade from my Dare to it, but I would have to change service providers an Team Mobile has some significant wholes in coverage in my area. But I love that phone:thumbsup: Can you still make an edit ringtones right on the phone from the MP3 player on the phone??? That feature alone had it just about sold till I saw the coverage map:poke:

yup a FREE app called Ringdroid

Easily done on iphone if you know how.

oh now youre trying to compare a hacked Iphone to a G1...

thats like comparing a turbo zx14 to a gen 1 hayabusa...

if you cracked the G1 it does just as much as the iphone.

so how long has the iphone been out?? and they JUST came out with a near firmware to be able to send pictures. interesting....

so what do you do when you have to replace your battery??
Also, i carry 2 batteries with me on long trips.. 1 dies, i throw the next one in... do that with the iphone.

What sold me on the phone was phone price.....google maps with street view...and not having to have a apple music account or I tunes or what ever they told me.But the I phone is good to each his own :thumbsup:

oh now youre trying to compare a hacked Iphone to a G1...

thats like comparing a turbo zx14 to a gen 1 hayabusa...

if you cracked the G1 it does just as much as the iphone.

so how long has the iphone been out?? and they JUST came out with a near firmware to be able to send pictures. interesting....

so what do you do when you have to replace your battery??
Also, i carry 2 batteries with me on long trips.. 1 dies, i throw the next one in... do that with the iphone.

I disagree, I didn`t touch Iphone hardware, software tune up, that`s it.
I can change iphone battery in 15-20 minutes. I never had to because battery life is awesome and I always have it connected anyway, dock in my car, at work, at home.
After new model is out I upgrading my old one and reselling it on ebay to T-Mobile customers. ;)

I disagree, I didn`t touch Iphone hardware, software tune up, that`s it.
I can change iphone battery in 15-20 minutes. I never had to because battery life is awesome and I always have it connected anyway, dock in my car, at work, at home.
After new model is out I upgrading my old one and reselling it on ebay to T-Mobile customers. ;)

I dont have a cracked G1 and i can do anything your iphone can do, plus some.

ahhh so you open up your iphone and void your warranty... thats cool :p

yup, youll sell it to tmobile users who dont know what a good phone is ;)

oh and if your iphone was so great, why do you need the "upgraded phone"
cause they had to come out with an upgraded version to compete with the G1 "base model" phone.

tell me something your iphone can do that my g1 cant?? :p (and dont say "zoom in using 2 fingers")

Last edited:
For all those that are bashing the iPhone for not being able to do MMS messages (picture, video, etc) that's not the iPhones fault. The iPhone in just about every other country allows this feature. The problem here in the states is that AT&T doesn't have the bandwidth to support these features and asked that it not be included. That will change somewhat this week though and the iPhone will allow picture MMS messages.

tell me something your iphone can do that my g1 cant?? :p (and dont say "zoom in using 2 fingers")

OK,
How about this...

I can listen to internet radio while tethering to my phone on laptop and talking on the phone at the same time.

Zooming in using 2 fingers is greatest feature since sliced bred BTW :)

Ohhhh... One more thing.. T-Mobile 2G network is sloooooowwwwwww.

OK,
How about this...

I can listen to internet radio while tethering to my phone on laptop and talking on the phone at the same time.

Zooming in using 2 fingers is greatest feature since sliced bred BTW :)

Ohhhh... One more thing.. T-Mobile 2G network is sloooooowwwwwww.

I can do that with my storm and not have to close any of my application, like listening to pandora/slackers, send and receive sms/mms, replace battery with out closing my appl, oh yeah try doing that with jailbreaking, but its a cool phone even the senior citizens think so:thumbsup:

Back