Tyres

S

slash

which tyres should you recommend??? I used the bt56 so far
withstupid.gif

Good all-around, BT010.
Very sticky, short, but still decent life and fast warm-up, D207.
Even sticker, shorter life, but slower warm-up, Pilot Sport.

Personally, I use D207s, 180 size since I like cornering over top end stuff. I haven't used other brands, like Metzler.

The Metzlers that came on the bike had been squared off by the previous owner. He also included a new set of the same.

Does anyone have experience with dual compound tires? Supposedly, (I think) Avon and Bridgestone (?) make tires that give better mileage (less sticky) on the crown for "gettin' there" and stickier stuff on the sides for "playing" once you arrive.

Comments? Experience?

Just installed the new Metzeler Mez 1's and love them. Very sticky and confidence inspiring on the fast turns. Seem to heat up relatively fast. I've run two sets of D-207's & original battleax 056.

ernaehrung019.gif
lachen011.gif
I've used quite a few different tires over the years, and my favorite so far has been the Metzeler ME-1, I found it to be a very predictable tire that gives you alot of confidence in radical lean angles. A couple years ago I high sided my RF900R on Sportmax's because I could'nt "feel" the tire getting loose- Less feed back to the rider, were as the ME-1 gives you a little notice, or a little wiggle - better feed back, Thats my thoughts on it,
aktion035.gif

I've been using Avon Azaro Sport II V300's, very pleased with them.
Just had a new AV46ST rear fitted tonight, will let you know.

Back