Tyre's - the most important factor

paddy o'busa

Registered
We've been talking about everyting from boots, to gas  mileage and paint job's to umbrella girls...... but when your prick's hanging down by the kickstand on a serious left hander, there's only two thing's that really matter, hope your tyres do what there supposed to and your wife's not at home with some other guy hope'in her rubber does what it's supposed to too....Anyway - What are yis runnin and do ya like 'em?

I usually run Trojan's....but... I've had them mothers melt before . Yer just about to pull outa the hole when ya notice sumfin jus dont feel right . Yer go'dam rubber has cum right off at the rim . Now ya need a new rubber...AND...a rim job.
I've tried others...didnt like the feel...slow on the warm-up,too soft...of a compound .
If ya cant count on yer rubbers..."It's all in vein"...if ya know what I mean .
So , get out there , get them rubbers hot n' sticky , see if they'll stand up to...some hard ridin'.

I don't kow about everybody elase but my Pr#$5 hangs down near the kick stand when I am in the seat!
laugh.gif

And now back to reality........

I am running metzler sportech and they are sticky. They get hot to the touch after a few tenths of a mile and that is with temps in the 40s. When I have gotten the backend loose they recover smoothly. Very stable. They are lightyears ahead of the BT-56 that came stock. They feel like its on rails - to use an old cliche. Not very expensive and should last 3500-4000 miles. I can't wait to get these on a hot summer track.

I agree, and the profile allows for a little more flickability.

OK Back in day (1995 or so) I ran Metzlers on my 750 and was allways extremely happy with their forgiving nature if not their outright grip.   The Bridgstones on my Bus? Now I do not really have any complaints about but I have only put about 600 miles on my bike and haven't really been pushing too hard.  I really want to try some of the new Avon sport touring tires, I hear they are a real good balance of grip and longevity.

I have allways been a Metzler fan though because of their forgiving nature.  Whenever I would back it into a corner or paint a darkie exiting a corner when the rear hooked it was never real harsh, there wasn't a "SNAP" if you will.  May not be the best for ultimate grip, I THINK the Dunlop Z208's have that nailed, but the Metzlers allways seemed to be really forgiving.

LOL, you guys are funny.  I run Pilots.will probably never run anything else but Michelins.
The Pilots are awesome tires. I have gone through two sets now. Will be trying Perelli Diablos. Taking those to the track. Will give you all an update or after action report.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

The only problem I have with Both Pirelli and Michelins is the price.  With the appetite the Busa has for rears I dunno if the Pirelli's or Michelins will actually offer enough of a performance improvement for the price.  Well that and I'll be damned if I am going to run with Frog tires (Michelins) on my bike right now.  

I have heard that Pirelli's are pretty sweet but I still dunno...If you have to pay retail they are sorta spendy, do you guys think there is that much of an improvement over Dunlops or Bridgestones?
rock.gif

The only problem I have with Both Pirelli and Michelins is the price.  With the appetite the Busa has for rears I dunno if the Pirelli's or Michelins will actually offer enough of a performance improvement for the price.  Well that and I'll be damned if I am going to run with Frog tires (Michelins) on my bike right now.  

I have heard that Pirelli's are pretty sweet but I still dunno...If you have to pay retail they are sorta spendy, do you guys think there is that much of an improvement over Dunlops or Bridgestones?
rock.gif
Buck vs Performance I think the Sporttec is the best tire. I will run the Pilot Sports because I know them. Also I am going with the Diablos because I am taking them to the track and I am going down in tire size to a 180/55. Just heard good things about them so I thought I would give them a try.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I won't worry about the money for my peace of mind at 170mph!

Well we have had many threads on tires, but here goes.

I Run Shinko diamonds in South Florida in the winter. I ran them up North in New England also. They hold very well. Not a lot of mileage out of them but that is me running 150+. i also run BT12's and i am running a Piot on the rear matched up wit a Shinko Diamond front @ present. When the front goes down i will be putting on the 12's again. All run very nice in twisties and high speed straights. I have a friend that is running an original BT20 on his Triumph. It has 8,000 miles and still looks like it is new. Can't figure that one out.

Howlin,
Buck vs Performance I think the Sporttec is the best tire.  I will run the Pilot Sports because I know them.  Also I am going with the Diablos because I am taking them to the track and I am going down in tire size to a 180/55.  Just heard  good things about them so I thought I would give them a try.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I won't worry about the money for my peace of mind at 170mph![/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is that you really do feel that much more "comfortable" I guess with the Sport tecs or Diablos?  I am curious cause this would be something worth knowing.  I mean I might be happy with Dunlops but if in your opinion the Michelins or Pirellis are that much better (I mean we are only talking $40-50) it could really be motivation to give them a shot.  I doubt there is any track time in my immediate future but I am all about having rubber I can trust under me...

One other thing, How do you get the persons name and time of post above your Quotes? It has been driving me nuts??

Howlin,
Buck vs Performance I think the Sporttec is the best tire.  I will run the Pilot Sports because I know them.  Also I am going with the Diablos because I am taking them to the track and I am going down in tire size to a 180/55.  Just heard  good things about them so I thought I would give them a try.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I won't worry about the money for my peace of mind at 170mph!

So what you are saying is that you really do feel that much more "comfortable" I guess with the Sport tecs or Diablos?  I am curious cause this would be something worth knowing.  I mean I might be happy with Dunlops but if in your opinion the Michelins or Pirellis are that much better (I mean we are only talking $40-50) it could really be motivation to give them a shot.  I doubt there is any track time in my immediate future but I am all about having rubber I can trust under me...

One other thing, How do you get the persons name and time of post above your Quotes?  It has been driving me nuts??[/QUOTE]
I'm on a pilot on the rear now too, like them way more than my old D207.
Pilots are stickier.
Front was still in good shape so won't change it for a bit.

I usually run Trojan's....but... I've had them mothers melt before .  Yer just about to pull outa the hole when ya notice sumfin jus dont feel right . Yer go'dam rubber has cum right off at the rim .  Now ya need a new rubber...AND...a rim job.
 I've tried others...didnt like the feel...slow on the warm-up,too soft...of a compound .
 If ya cant count on yer rubbers..."It's all in vein"...if ya know what I mean .  
 So , get out there , get them rubbers hot n' sticky , see if they'll stand up to...some hard ridin'.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i have pirelli diablo corsa 190/50 -- 120/70 they are fantastic but someone say dangerous on an Hayabusa.
Pirelli make special diablo for hayabusa (not corsa).

Someone has tested soft supersport tyres on hayabusa???

I just ordered a new set of BT020's and should have them in a week. The current set of bt020's has almost 8k miles with countless floggings and top end runs.
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
Without track dayz, I don't see the point in using a different tire and replacing the rear every 2k - 3k miles. 'Just my $.02.

wow.gif

wow.gif

LOL @ RSD !! I've exclusively had Bridgestones, no particular reason, just ended up that way, I ran of course the BT56 that came stock, then went to 020's and now have 010's front and back, they seem to be fine.

I'm in the same boat. I ran the 208 on the rear and it was wasted in 3k miles. NO burnouts!

Loved the tire, though I only had a wasted Battle ax to compare it to.

Seems like the choices are:

Dunlop 208's

Pilot's (is that a Dunlop?)

metzler sportech

Pirelli Diablo's
or
pirelli diablo corsa (any difference?)

Brigestone BT56's
020's
010's (what is the difference?)

Shinko diamonds (never heard of them, but I've lived a sheltered life)

or

Avon sport touring tires

The guy at teh dealer tried to sell me a Cheng Shin but I just laughed.

laugh.gif

Pirelli Diablo's bitches!! But unfortunately I need to take it the pfuck easy. THis is my third set of meats in lkess than a year. and i already need another set. I went throught the 56j's, bt010's and now these. I think I will try out the Pilot sports. My buddy just put them on and they hook more than a prostitute!!!
laugh.gif

Back