Tyre deformation. Please help.

Selim

Registered
Hello guys, i have a 2008 Hayabusa running on Continental Sport Attack 3. I noticed a very strange and uneven wear on the sides of the rear tyre, i can best describe it as sharp waves. Something like little sharp edges. It’s hard to notice visually, but you can feal it with your palm. Any know way that may be and any solution will be welcomed. Cheers!

Hello guys,

I have a 2008 Hayabusa running on Continental Sport Attack 3 .

I noticed a very strange and uneven wear
on the sides of the rear tyre,
I can best describe it as sharp waves .

Something like little sharp edges .

It’s hard to notice visually,
but you can feal it with your palm .

Anybody know what that may be
and any solution will be welcomed .

Cheers !

of course i know that you need depending on the weight or riding on the track a different pressure than alone and on a normal road. I was more suprised by the fact that you should look at the tire rather than at the bikes recommendation for tire pressure. I rode all my life with the suggested pressure by the frame rather than looking at the tire!

Hello guys, i have a 2008 Hayabusa running on Continental Sport Attack 3. I noticed a very strange and uneven wear on the sides of the rear tyre, i can best describe it as sharp waves. Something like little sharp edges. It’s hard to notice visually, but you can feal it with your palm. Any know way that may be and any solution will be welcomed. Cheers!
I had a huge problem with my tyres...I was using Metzeller M7 and there was uneven wear...the centre of the tyres had gone down substantially with rides formed on the sides and the middle portion nearly reaching the tread wear indicators. The tyre dealer said that I have ridden the bike on a concrete expressway here that doesn't have tarring. I may have done a maximum of say 1000 km on the rear and 400 kms on the front tyre on that expressway. Not sure if that is the cause or is there is anything else. The rear tyres had done around 6000 kms and the front ones 2000 kms. I had to get them replaced by the Michelin Road 5. VERY DISAPPOINTED as I don't ride the bike that aggressively or in a rough manner. The new tyres are expensive here in India and set me back my around USD500.

mJUTgG%0RkyCdo0moUx0gQ.jpg

RZNwWCllRzKfqKsHx7my3Q.jpg

I had a huge problem with my tyres...I was using Metzeller M7 and there was uneven wear...the centre of the tyres had gone down substantially with rides formed on the sides and the middle portion nearly reaching the tread wear indicators. The tyre dealer said that I have ridden the bike on a concrete expressway here that doesn't have tarring. I may have done a maximum of say 1000 km on the rear and 400 kms on the front tyre on that expressway. Not sure if that is the cause or is there is anything else. The rear tyres had done around 6000 kms and the front ones 2000 kms. I had to get them replaced by the Michelin Road 5. VERY DISAPPOINTED as I don't ride the bike that aggressively or in a rough manner. The new tyres are expensive here in India and set me back my around USD500.

View attachment 1600576

View attachment 1600577
Looks to me as though you are doing lots of straight riding, that and the high heat of your country would wear down the center of a tire...add to this these are relatively soft compound, 6000 kms is about what is expected.

Let us now how the Michelins fare for you.

Looks like a M7RR , thats a sport tyre NOT a sport touring tyre , thats why its squared off in the middle, im guessing theres not many corners where you ride..
Not many corners but these are street tyres and we basically just ride fast on this expressway. It is made of concrete and not tarred like the other roads.

Looks to me as though you are doing lots of straight riding, that and the high heat of your country would wear down the center of a tire...add to this these are relatively soft compound, 6000 kms is about what is expected.

Let us now how the Michelins fare for you.
I'll let you know how the Road 5 goes...am staying off the concrete expressway for now.

Not many corners but these are street tyres and we basically just ride fast on this expressway. It is made of concrete and not tarred like the other roads.
Yep they are street tyres but are SOFT which means lots of grip and high wear , they will not get anywhere as many KMs as a Road 5, in saying that the Road 5s hang on really well and go the distance a great choice of tyre.

View attachment 1600576

View attachment 1600577
That’s a normal thing and has nothing to do with the material the road is built out of, so no need to avoid a certain road. Mine wear out like that too, because Florida has very little curves, most of the riding is in a straight line and the center wears out first. Sport touring tires have dual compound, meaning that the center is made out of harder material than the sides, so it’ll last longer when mostly doing straight highway and even then, the center will eventually look like the one in your pic, but it’ll take more miles for it to look like that.

Back