Tyre Choice

gloryboys

Donating Member
Registered
Evening guy's, Well it's nearly that time again and my Conti Road Attack 2's getting near the end of their life. I have ridden on these foe the last couple of seasons and had the fist type on my RF900r with no issues. I really want to try something else new, so this is your time to chip in with recommendations ad tips. I stand with bated breath :bigsmile:

depends if you want mileage or grip.....however compared to the Conti's almost anything more modern will be better.

Mainly mileage I suppose, but it's not the total priority. I've never had an issue with the Conti's so whatever I get and it looks like the PR3's are the current favourite choice they need to be really good because the Conti's have done me good for many a season. I would ask if anyone has had anything else on theirs so I can get a better overview.

i have been running dunlop q2's now for quite a while. I do believe that they have either replaced it or added the q3. sportbiketrackgear.com is your friend with tires. always fresh and always good pricing, usually with free shipping. I am getting about 4-5k out of my q2's. pretty good for a very performance oriented tire.

I'm replacing mine right now. I got 8800 miles out of a set of Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's. Loved the grip, loved the mileage, and I'm getting another set mounted tonight...

1077050_10201122588541112_2110878850_o.jpg

Mainly mileage I suppose, but it's not the total priority. I've never had an issue with the Conti's so whatever I get and it looks like the PR3's are the current favourite choice they need to be really good because the Conti's have done me good for many a season. I would ask if anyone has had anything else on theirs so I can get a better overview.
I have a stock Gen II with a race pipe and these tires have all the grip I need, do great in the rain, and I'm hoping to get close to 15K. The other poster is thinking 9K. I know another individual who has stated he has gotten 15K on three sets of PR3's.

The new Q3 gets my vote. I love Q2's but the Q3's are that good.

Since I haven't tried the Q3 yet, but have lots of time on the Q2, can you identify/explain any difference you felt?

Since I haven't tried the Q3 yet, but have lots of time on the Q2, can you identify/explain any difference you felt?

I'm on the taller profile 190/55/17's with the Q3's. Turn in feels much better and side grip when getting on the gas is much better. How much better I won't know until another track day. The Q3 feels much more stable in all conditions.

Back