Type of gasoline to put in an 05'? New bike didn't come with a manual.

merczab

Registered
I've been hearing a lot of different things from websites and what not;
The guy I bought it from says I need to put premium gas in it or something clogs something.
But I'm reading online that that's not always the case for 05' bikes?
I was wondering if you guys had any 05' bikes or had a gen 1 bike and knew for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

87 and no more. It runs better on 87 regardless of what most people believe, true story.

I only ran premium in my 05. Put over 20k miles on her before I sold it. Run premium in my 08 and I am pushing 15k.

The required type is Regular. I started out using Premium, Premium is EXPENSIVE! I went back to Regular.... seems to be fine. :laugh:

its only a 5 gallon tank by putting premium in it instead of regular you'll save, what 80 cents, big deal put premium in it and be done with it. :banghead:

In run pure rhino piss in mine!! Seems to burn and lubricate the finest!!! :rofl::laugh: Sorry but seriously you are gonna get a bunch of different answers!! Manual says 87, I run 87, My buddy runs 87 (We have Gen 1's also) Allot of Gen 2 guys say they only run 93? I'd say run a few tanks of both see how the bike runs and responds and how the mileage is and go from there!! Best of luck and happy riding!!

get a free copy of the SERVICE manual here: http://www.servicemanualsgsxr.com/category/suzuki-gsx-r-1300-hayabusa/

Back