Twotone's and Semi's New Year

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Howdy all. Juli and were invited to spend New Years with Semi and Ms Semi. So we loaded up and headed to Alton on Wednesday. The plan was to board a river boat, have dinner and spend New Years on the boat. It was really cold after the sun went down, here we are waiting to board the boat.

Saint Louis 003.jpg

Saint Louis 004.jpg

Dinner was superb. Filet Mignon that you could cut with a fork, a skewer of shrimp, twice baked potatoes, and asparagus sprouts. Dessert was cheesecake. Mmmmm good!

Saint Louis 009.jpg

Saint Louis 010.jpg

I tried to go topside to take some pictures, but the combination of the cold air and boat movement made it impossible to keep still.

Saint Louis 011.jpg

Saint Louis 012.jpg

Breakfast the next morning, I need to remember where that was. Good food.

Saint Louis 016.jpg

I learned some neat things about Alton during our visit. This is home the worlds tallest man. Died at the age of 22 at 8' 11.1". This pic of me beside his statue is his actual size. And home to Illinois' first federal pen. The second pic is the of what is left of a wall of the first prison.

Saint Louis 017.jpg

Saint Louis 022.jpg

And last night we met up with Busawhipped and Mrs Busawhipped for dinner. It was good to see you both again. :cheerleader:

Colen, thank you for the use of your wonderful home. Thank you for your and Gyn's hospitality and the great time you showed us. We had fun meeting the kids, Logan, Leela, and Ana. Now you guys need to plan a trip down here! :thumbsup:

Sincerely, thank you my brother from another mother. :cheerleader:

Saint Louis 025.jpg

Back