Two up lean angle

Dulimon

Registered
How far can you lean her over with stock tires? Other day on Skyline Drive, VA we put her over to 3/4" to the edge. The stock tires were pretty scuffed.

I drug my toe one time with my wife on back( about an inch and a half from the peg)...She wanted to kick my a$$.

It was an accident honey....I swear!
biggrin.gif

you see these posts skeer me. we all watch the racers knee dragging and leaning over looks incredible, just please please please please remember they are running SUPER STICKY RACE TIRES at about 29 PSI!!!! Not STREET SPORT tires at full recommended inflation. just a thot

I've had stock bt56's...leaned them all the way over. My chicken strips shrunk from about 3/4 of an inch to about 2 millimeters.

I'd be real careful about trying to find out, though. I was lucky I didn't low-side...especially hitting that turn at 85-90mph. Posted speed limit was 35.

I run my Metzler Sporttec M-1s all the way to the edge with my wife urging me to go faster & lean further.
That is with 42psi cold.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1035"|1093496079 -->

it wasnt on stock tires but my bt14's.. i got it to where the edge of the tire deflected and i had a dark ring on the side wall

have had my M1s pretty far over going 2 up, probably about as far as I have solo. Will try to figure out how thin I can get the strips in a few weeks up on the dragon
cool.gif

draggin the pegs.. (slightly lower pegs with buell peg mod) .. me and a little dude on a R1 with his woman on the back were playing around back in the twisties..

Lotsa fun.. wife loved it.. little dude on the R1 didn't seem pleased that a Busa pushed his ass all the way across the mountain though.

THNX for the replies...I was wondering how far others have leaned the Busa with stock tires two up. Not for bragging rights but to get a idea for a margin of saftey. When I have the love of my life on the back she likes a little thrill when we ride. So I was trying to get some feedback from the forum since I'm the only Busa rider in my area and ride alone. Thank you for your replies and insight. BTW we just got back from a 330 mile dinner ride. We rode over to Morgantown, WV for some Sushi. The name of the resturant is Hibachi off the corner of Collins Ferry Rd and Patterson. If you like good Sushi this place is worth trying.

<!--EDIT|Dulimon
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093578016 -->

i eat to the edge the rear tire almost every time i go out there with my gf but the front, i need about half a centimeter more :/ pirelli diablo at 42psi also. stock or not stock tires, i don't think it actually matters. it's how determined you are to put your bike to its limits

Back