Two rotor ,or not two rotor

Buff

Registered
I'm looking for a front rotor. I found a caliper and hose. My 01 didn't have a right front rotor or caliper. The guy had his local shop install billet chrome wheels, went to pick it up and didn't like the rotor blocking his view of the chrome wheels and had them to remove it. I think if Mr. Suzi put it on, he had a reason. The first time someone pulls out in front of me I think I will need it. I think one of my next investments will be stainless lines, rear is like pushing on a sponge.
Buff

Good investment. What goes fast must slow down. the quicker the better....

plenty of extra calipers rotors and lines running around this site.
smile.gif

Not me tho. I am used to the stock brake lines on my busie. can stop on a dime as long as its not frozen.
sarcasm.gif

The Busa needs all the braking power it can get. When you are at speed sometimes you need to shut er down in a hurry! I installed the Braided stainless brake lines on mine made a hell of a differance.

Saw a set (all three) on E-bay the other day for $150. I almost put in a bid for them cause you never know. That's a great price for a flawless set of rotors.

Brian

I understand SS lines for brake FIRMNESS, but not sure I understand them for pure stopping power.

Stopping power would be limited by
1) how strong you are and can physically squeeze the lever (here I guess SS would help)
or
2) Traction limit of the tires.  Are you saying without the SS that you cannot reach the traction limit of the tires (i.e. lock)?  I don't think that could be true, in which case SS wouldn't help (you'd have to squeeze harder though sure)

Just curious.

I understand SS lines for brake FIRMNESS, but not sure I understand them for pure stopping power.

Stopping power would be limited by
1) how strong you are and can physically squeeze the lever (here I guess SS would help)
or
2) Traction limit of the tires.  Are you saying without the SS that you cannot reach the traction limit of the tires (i.e. lock)?  I don't think that could be true, in which case SS wouldn't help (you'd have to squeeze harder though sure)

Just curious.
Jmasin,

Stainless Steel lines won't expand like the factory hoses, therefore less effort is needed to apply the brakes. Basically just better brake response is what SS lines offer.

Brian

BA your right on the money. It will also give you uniform braking thruoughout your ride. When the rubber ones expand it requires more lever input to get the same amount of braking. The hotter the brake fluid mushier the brakes. If you can get consistant braking then you can go into corners with more entry speed and hit the same braking point each time without having to adjust it for unresponsive brakes.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Oh and one other thing while I am on my soap box. I was told this by a road racer. You will go faster if you know you can stop!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Back