Two problems

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
Ok first problem, I installed my new brake system about a month ago, I have stainless steel lines and EBC HH pads all around, for some reason it squeaks like crazy when I put on the rear brakes after I have been riding for a bit and they are warm. how can I stop this, I thought I would just use them and let them set since they are new, but 2 weeks later they are still squeaking, like nails on a chalkboard.

second problem, evertime I go over a bump or my bike gets shaken a bit, i have this horrible creaking noise, like two peices of plastic are just rubbing the hell out of each other, and it is very loud. anyone have this problem?

thanks

Deal with the squeaking for a little while it will go away, and the other noise is the front brake lines rubbing! My bike does it also!

seriously,? i felt the lines on the front, and there is a very soft flexible material around the steel braid, it would be impossible for it to make that noise

Holy smokes you were right!!!

i just went out to see if that was the problem..i rubbed the lines together and got nothing, then i noticed that my right line was touching a peice of under fairing plastic, and i pull on it a little and it was the same noise!!! i just need to ziptie or strap it down. :-D thank you

<!--EDIT|Deaglemaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152991457 -->

Im having that same noise, sounds terrible, ill check tomorrow, i hope its the same issue. Om amother post someone mentioned headbearings. What would be the benefits to going to replacing the stockers with tapered bearings?

Back