Two Brothers vs Yoshimura

ljsimp

Registered
Hey everyone,

I am looking to purchase a slip on exhaust set to improve the sound quality of my 2001 Hayabusa. Right now my bike is extremely quiet and I would like a more aggresive sound.

I am looking between the Two Brothers, and the Yoshimura slip on exhausts, which do you recommend? Again I am not aiming for power in 1-2 years I will be upgrading to a brocks system/dyno ECU.

Thanks all

No idea what your "criteria" for loud is but both brands are just slightly louder than stock. If possible, best that you listen to either one in person.

I haven't heard the two Brothers but I just put the Yosh slip ons on my 2000 and the sound is great. Not too loud at all but a nice throaty sound. Everyone compliments me on how sweet the bike sounds.

I haven't heard the two Brothers but I just put the Yosh slip ons on my 2000 and the sound is great. Not too loud at all but a nice throaty sound. Everyone compliments me on how sweet the bike sounds.

How much louder 1/10 is it then stock? How much more do you like it 1/10 then stock? This is if stock was at 1 ;)

Thanks

Youtube is your friend. I had the same issue when I bought my slipons.
Both are great exhausts.

There are sound clips on youtube of both exhausts.
2bros
Hayabusa 2 brothers black slip ons - YouTube[/url]
suzuki hayabusa two brothers racing pipes - YouTube[/url]

Yosh
with yoshimura slip ons (2004) - YouTube[/url]
Hayabusa K8 with Yoshimura R77 Carbon and Titanium - YouTube[/url]

Really like the Two Bros Racing Black series shorty slipons
Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:
They are for the Gen 1's

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it was just right. I don't want to piss of any more neighbors. My Buell has done that enough. I would say its 30-40% louder than stock. Its not so much loud than the tone is nice and deep. With the stock all I could hear in the highway was wind and road noise. Now i easily hear the exhaust note.

If all you want is sound then you can cut and shorten the stock mufflers, and, or, remove some of the packing.
Unless you find cheap used slipons they can cost almost as much as a full system new.
You may be better of saving your money and modifieing the stockers in the meantime.
There are some "how to" threads here somewhere.
:welcome:to the org.

I am on a mision to get my hands on a set of Two brothers carbon shorty's. I have Yoshi's on my bike now and love them, but it's just "what i want". :laugh:

Don't forget "M-4 Exhaust".

Their titanium & Carbon Fiber cans are supreme. I have their titanium pipes on everything I own from Race bikes to the busa. I my view, M-4 makes the best pipes you can buy. M-4 knows a few things about getting HP out of a Suzuki and their quality is second to none.

If you want to buy direct from the factory and save a pocket full of cash drop me a PM.

I got my R77 carbons and have been living with them for 2 weeks now and all I can say is I couldn't be happier with the sound. And like I said before, "My wallet tells me the bike is faster!"

I am on a mision to get my hands on a set of Two brothers carbon shorty's. I have Yoshi's on my bike now and love them, but it's just "what i want". :laugh:

The long carbons are easier to find and can be cut to whatever length you want.

If you just wanna make some noise and be heard just grap a set of voodoo shorty slip on exhausts, probably save some $$$ while your at it

I scored a set of Yosh carbon fiber slip-ons today that are like new for $250. Bolted 'em on and was really impressed with the depth of the sound. It SOUNDS like a big-bore bike now instead of a steroid-laced volkswagon. Not too loud but even my wife commented on how it rumbles now instead of the stock sputter sound. I always thought Two Bothers and Muzzy sounded loud and tinny..........have a Muzzy can on my FZ1 and although it weighs little to nothing it's horribly loud!!

I had two bro's bolt on's on the stock header. They were a little loud. Sounded good but just a little too loud for me leaving for work at 6:00am. I got my hand's on a brock's street meg. Way too loud for my taste. Traded the brock's for a full yosh. single side carbon can set up. Now it's just right.

Neither, just wait and get the BROCKS. Trust me its worth it. If you just want sound get the little megaphones that connect to the catalytic converter. The Brocks is the best system I've ever had, for performance and sound.

Back