Two Bashes

What do you think about two separate Spring and Fall Bashes

• I like that there are more dates; more flexibility to better fit my schedule

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I dislike two bashes. It feels like I have to choose between people I want to see

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I like that one is organized and one is simple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate that there was no discussion

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I like that someone took ownership

• It doesn't feel like the Bash anymore

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I don't like how it is being represented

• I don't like that it is separating the groups

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I have wanted the Bash to change for awhile

• The dates have always been an issue it is good they changed

• Total voters

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
As we get closer, there seems to be a few people who are advocating two Bashes and a few people who are denouncing two Bashes. What do the masses think? I am interested in knowing and as this is an anonymous poll - please be honest with what you think and why. We need to be respectful - I am not interested in name calling, but I do want to know what people are really thinking. Please, help us help each other. None of us likes the splintering, but we need to know what the heart of the oRg - the members, want and why.

Thanks,
MCM

Last edited:
How about I choose more than one.... even though I can't make it to either.

I don't like that it is separating the groups and I wouldn't be able to see everyone I wanted to see.
I really enjoyed having the large groups of people around the fire pit. I have never been to a fall bash because I always went to the spring one.... from what I've heard sounds like the fall one is a little lower key.

I would rather have one big party weekend and then there can be smaller meets if there are groups that want to.

Shawn you're poll title is wrong isn't it? There's two separate spring bashes not two separate spring and fall bashes. No?

I don't mind the different events but I kinda just a bit don't understand the newer one using same theme title as well as pics from the other event in promotion of their own. Should have come up with something other than one already being used. That's like me starting a burger joint and calling it Burger King. And if we go back far enough I think you'll see I always advocated a merging of both into one. But that seems to have not been possible for various reasons. It's usually not good when groups split.

But on a happy note, I truly am blessed to have made it to at least one. I'm so happy I rode up and met you and all else. It was worth the trip. I'm blessed to have met MacFast before he left us. It was an honor to sit next to him on the bench there and chat with him about things. Those are memories worth riding up for. If anyone is still on the fence about going to either just do it. You won't regret it.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/2012...3408-my-bash-story-start-end-pics-videos.html

I like the whole group coming together as one HUGE party. I also do not like two events same name and using pictures of original events. I like the Spring APRIL timeframe and event. May is for track days and eureka springs and other travels for several members who get together. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just my two cents.

Saiid,
I had spoken with John (RacerV) a little bit ago - the intention is two Bashes, twice; Spring and Fall ones.

The name bothers me, only because of the history, but it isn't and never was an oRg event; it was organized here and advertised here. But, it was never orchestrated as an oRg event. It was an event where a lot of oRg members met up. I know that is a subtle difference, but the reality is that by not being an oRg event, it meant the CAp (as the site owner) wasn't responsible for what happened here. However, since so many oRg members always went, CAp always had a leadership role...

I don't like it, but then I don't have to. I'm attending both so that I don't miss anyone. I have 100's of opinions about this entire deal but instead of blowing up this site and losing a couple dozen friends in the process I'll keep those to myself. Maybe , just maybe the oRg members will get together and bring it back to one event, maybe ......

I voted my vote. I've said enough about this, and we all just need to let sleeping dogs lie..

I changed the oil in my bike last night, I'm just gonna ride by myself in April. And May.

:D

Look for a Midwest Meet and Greet this year up here in 'Sconsin where EVERYONE is welcome.

IMHO the perfect result would be that people go to either, or both and have a good experience...whatever floats your boat. Not sure human nature will allow it. A moot point for me, as both dates conflict with other obligations. Everybody be safe. Anything stupid happens at one is going to effect the other.

The bottom line on this entire situation is that there are underlying, ongoing, years old problems in the mix here that many don't even know about. We could poll the entire group over and over, but the sad fact remains that there are larger issues at play here, issues that can't be fixed with a poll and issues that most here voting don't even know about that have led to this divide.

That's why my vote is to take the high road, wish all riders well, hope we all have a great time no matter what we choose to do and move forward. I hate the divide, will miss seeing many of my friends due to this split (Loomis immediately comes to my mind because man, I have had nothing but respect for you, always have), but there are a lot of other rides and friends to see, and I trust our paths will cross some other time along the way.

I hate the divide, will miss seeing many of my friends due to this split (Loomis immediately comes to my mind because man, I have had nothing but respect for you, always have)

+1 on this and that's all i'm going to say on here

Personally being laid off repeatedly I havnt been able to afford to make it to a bash because of the distance and wish there was one further west. Guess ill just try to save up to make it to the midwest mng if it happens this year....

It amazes me how convoluted this entire thing has become. As it has been said over and over again, the bash is NOT an org event. It has been obvious over the last several years that participation and enthusiasm has diminished greatly from what it once was. A few of us finally decided to take ownership and do something about it. I find it hilarious that now all of a sudden....the org wants to be involved. There was never supposed to be a split. The date was changed to accommodate more people and have a chance of better weather. That's it! No underlying motive, no conspiracy, no drama which is exactly what this all has become.....drama. Get over yourselves and look at the bigger picture here. I have explained this repeatedly and for some reason it just doesn't sink in. The next issue is the involvement with Scar. This is not his event either. He is not doing anything except helping me get dealers and manufacturers to give US items for free. He may be getting some exposure for himself and I-SHOC for his participation but seriously folks, not his event. Issue number three...Registration Fee. You are paying for food and a t-shirt. These things are not FREE and you would have to spend the money anyways. We are providing dinner for both Friday and Saturday nights. Everyone had to pay for Grumpy's Diner in the past, nothing different except the fact that no one has to work, clean up, haul cooking equipment and food, etc. So again, where is the problem? With all of this being said, pick the date that works best for you. No one is going to be upset if you do one and not the other. This is about seeing old acquaintances, making new ones, and riding motorcycles in the mountains.

best laid plans of mice and men often go astray..... the road to hell is paved with good intentions.... and my favorite... its not what you say or how you say it, its how others perceive it, and that you will NEVER control. these three common sayings sum it up for me.

I HAVE AN IDEA!@%^

Why don't we let RacerV and whoever conduct the Spring Bash and the Org can do the Fall Bash!? We can have one organized event and one that is more simple. Hopefully in the meantime we can all get along again. Maybe it should have been discussed prior to the announcement of a new date but like he said above, this was never meant to be two separate events. I think some people were hesitant to converse with the Org because they felt that they would not be open to change, even though also stated above, the bash is not owned by anyone. I don't think RacerV has done anything to anyone to deserve all this bashing (hehe) and the loss of several 'friends'. Can't we all just put our pride aside and get together for a fun time?! Nobody will think anyone has failed if we drop a date and just have one bash.

I would let it die however you all keep bringing it back up.

Back