two 04 R1's @ the strip last night

RaynTerror

Registered
they couldnt even break out of the 11's
poke.gif

i keep hearin em say"look out Busa, I'm comin for ya!"
What a freakin joke!

It could be alot to do with the rider. But I know the first time on the track with the busa I ran a 10.9 and I could not launch worth a damn. I was short shifting out of first and I could not launch at all.

my first runs were 11&10.9,too. but after about 4 tries i'm down to 10.5...10.4. they started closer to 12 then made there way down to 11.2...11.3
rock.gif
maybe it was the rider, but i really think its the bike...i was just checkin out the r1 site and they have guys claimin they run hi 9's with lots of mods(probably over 2-3k worth...slammed, exhaust, fuel mangement ,nos, all the goodies.) should be renamed the RS1(Really Slow 1)

<!--EDIT|RaynTerror
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082267606 -->

my first runs were 11&10.9,too. but after about 4 tries i'm down to 10.5...10.4. they started closer to 12 then made there way down to 11.2...11.3
rock.gif
maybe it was the rider, but i really think its the bike...i was just checkin out the r1 site and they have guys claimin they run hi 9's with lots of mods(probably over 2-3k worth...slammed, exhaust, fuel mangement ,nos, all the goodies.) should be renamed the RS1(Really Slow 1)
Not all they're cracked up to be then hey.......nuther let down from Yammy........no surprise there!!

There has definitely been a lot of talk about the R1. I haven't seen one live at the track, but I know I wouldn't be postin' in the 11s since I don't have any real track/race experience. Maybe one of these days!
biggrin.gif

Here are the claimed 1/4 mile times from the latest issue of Sport Rider magazine (Jun 04).

Honda CBR1000RR:  10.16 @ 142.1 mph
Kawasaki ZX-10R:     9.92 @ 147.4 mph
Suzuki GSX-R1000:    9.96 @ 144.7 mph
Yamaha YZF-R1:        9.93 @ 147.4 mph

Professional rider at LA county raceway. The new liter bikes are fast, but the bottom line is based on rider ability.

Here are the claimed top speeds of each bike:

Honda CBR1000RR:  175 mph
Kawasaki ZX-10R:    186 mph
Suzuki GSX-R1000:  180 mph
Yamaha YZF-R1:       184 mph

Food for thought...

The R1 will run if setup correctly...Not alot of fellows ride them of the track here more of a canyon carver...
evil.gif

Ya know what they say...
Honda... Built like jewel
Kawasaki... All motor...No refinement.
Suzuki... All Handling... experts only.
Yamaha... Built on paper... not for public consumption.

tounge.gif

wow.gif

cool.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "ooppsss"|1082315751 -->

Back