Twisties are getting more fun!

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
This year, I feel much more confident on my bike for some odd reason and I have to admit I am starting to like the curves in the road when they arise. (Here in CO, it can be quite often.)

I bought the Busa with no intention of ever being a twisties person; I just wanted the straight speed. As I am getting to be a more experienced motorcyclist, I have to admit, I love leaning my baby into the curves... I can get just as big a rush in the curves as I can get at 160. I can see myself owning one of these 1k bikes before long...

cloud

I haven't had the opportunity to take mine through any twisties yet.  Sounds like a lot of fun, but I am sure I would be a little apprehensive in the beginning!

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082175526 -->

I have had mine for almost a full year and I am still not fully comfortable with it yet... I am just trying to take my time and try not to ride outside of my experience level.

I hear 'ya! I'm hoping the wind will die down and the rain will stay away for the next week so I can get some good ridin' in!

well bring us busa asses on out here to socal and we will ride some twisties!!!!!! i guarantee a good time doing it to.

<!--EDIT|briXXer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082177355 -->

Man, I'm finding that twisties are no problem until you hit several
back-to-back. I've found as I've gotten more comfortable riding
this monster, she handles more like a dream. The other day
I was so far into a lean and didn't know it that the tip of my
boot scrapted the concrete. The guys I ride with here and seem
to be meeting on a daily (2 R6s, 1 CBR 600rr, 2 954s, 1 zx9,
2 CBR F4i) all was say man this thing is big how is it in turns.
My response "I can show ya better than I can tell ya"
wink.gif

just take your time and get comfortable with it. Have had many great days in the twisties and once used to the weight and size of the busa you will be able to keep the liters in sight if not a couple of them behind you. They may be built to excell in curves but we can hang in there

Had my 02 Busa for about 1 year. In that 1 year I got better and better and lower and lower at the turns before I lowsided back in Dec. After the bike was totaled I decided on a 1k. I took a track school and plan on pushing it in a more controlled environment with my 1000. Just remember your not on a track...turns are fun but it's hard to know what's around that corner before it's to late!! Be safe and wear full gear.

Twisties ahhhh, carve the canyon everyday... Here is socal, there are alot of places to go, Im just lucky Ive got a canyon to go through everyday....

yup, good advice... I think that is probably the original reason why I really wasn't interested in twisties... Once you commit, you are commited to take whatever comes; I just can't help myself though, the rush is great!

Found some backroad twisties today that seemed pretty fun. I need to get back out and try them again because the weather wasn't great and I was in a group of riders.

Just remember...any idiot can turn a 600 or a 1K toy.
Only real riders can turn & burn on a Busa!!!

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wow.gif

cool.gif

laugh.gif
Please tell me you truly don't believe this statement?

Just a few idiots...

Miguel Duhammel
Jason Pridmore
Matt Mladin
Eric and Ben Bostrom

The list is endless... The busa is a great bike but don't start to believe your own hype...

When was the last time it won a superbike race?

Just remember...any idiot can turn a 600 or a 1K toy.
Only real riders can turn & burn on a Busa!!!

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wow.gif

cool.gif

laugh.gif
Please tell me you truly don't believe this statement?

Just a few idiots...

Miguel Duhammel
Jason Pridmore
Matt Mladin
Eric and Ben Bostrom

The list is endless...  The busa is a great bike but don't start to believe your own hype...

When was the last time it won a superbike race?
maybe it hasn't won a superbike race yet because its Not superbike... Last time I checked, its status was hyperbike buddy...

jump9.gif

Is there a track for hyperbikes? Do you think the corner speeds on the busa can match the lowly superbikes? I will tell you just on my 600 my lap times are significantly faster then when I had the busa.

Just saying don't put down others it makes us all look bad...

Back