Twisitie Turns

Which direction do you prefer to turn in the twisties

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Either, as long as the road isn't straight.

I have often asked myself why the left is more comfortable.
All can think of is my childhood riding spider bikes and doing fishtail skids. I always used my right foot to apply the brakes and leaned left.
I don't really know but my right is coming along, and I wholly agree with MPH200.
Bubba

Right, so i mainly have been trying to practice lefts so i could get it down more.

I have no prefference, lefts/rights, I love 'em both, but I do them both differently (wear pattern on my tires is the tell tale). Burn up the right side of my front tire a little more than the left and opposite on the rear. Also use a slight bit more lean angle on lefts than rights. Have noticed this pattern on the last 4 sets of tires.
I love riding twisties, my favorite way to spend the day. Just wish there was a race track closer than 240 miles away.

No difference. I'm scared sh** either way.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm still skeered as well, more so in the group rides, but prefer left as the left twisties forces me to lean the bike as far as it will go, else I run off the road.:laugh:

Left. The real question is, what handed are you, and then what turn to you prefer. I am Right Handed, but I prefer LH turns. Maybe it's because of which hand/eye is dominant can predetermine which turn we feel most comfortable in....

Left. The real question is, what handed are you, and then what turn to you prefer. I am Right Handed, but I prefer LH turns. Maybe it's because of which hand/eye is dominant can predetermine which turn we feel most comfortable in....

I believe I have heard this also as to the right handed people like left and vice versa.
Bubba

I'm right handed and right turns seem easier. But I still have equal wear on both sides of the tire.

I enjoy the turns equal, but lefts seem more natural. Both of my bikes the left side of rear cleaned fully & ~ 3/8" chicken strip on the right. Subject to change on certain curves like I80 on ramps where the other side cleans up. Right handed might have something to do with it I have no idea, perhaps from motocross where lefts prevailed, rode brake pedal with right foot... ?

Left without a doubt for me. Strange when I live in roundabout hell too, plenty practice at right turns.???

Tire wear is equal front and rear but I prefer right it keeps me away from apossing traffic if any. the ferther off the beaten path the better

I am a mean left turner, with the rights the throttle just feels like it may get twisted more. It doesn't of course, all in my head.

I SUCK equally either way !!

I notice that going slow (U-turns / parking lot speed) I like going left, but with some speed I'm better at right turns. I think it's because I mostly use my bike for commuting, and here all the right turns are mostly all yields, so I'm use to taking right turns at speed ?

Enjoy both.

Both ways of turning have their own differing needs. Racing motorcycles actually have their gear settings as 5 down-1 up rather than 1 down-5 up; what does that tell you (coming out of or going into a turn differences)? Turn perference is a very interesting and good question!

I like the left better because more is visable, and I tend to go much faster around the left hand turns...however I get lower and scrape more on the right turns. I guess their a bit sharper being on the inside.

Back