twin air-horn install

im2fast4uguys

Registered
Here are some pix of the air horn install I just completed...
Firstly the bracket used to mount the horns:

Horns_in_fairing.JPG

Here is a view of the horns and compressor...notice the horns are zip-tied to the clock bracket to make sure if they came loose there would be no interference with the steering damper...

horns___compressor_1.JPG

This is a frontal view of the horns and compressor...you can use this as a guide to where they fit in relation to the air intake tubes....

horns___compressor.JPG

You will notice a small allen bolt near the middle of the pic...this was used as an earth for the compressor negative(-) terminal...there is a hole just above this bolt and that was used as a mounting point for the compressor bracket...the relay is in a space next to the fuse box and the original horn wires poitive(+) & negative(-) are connected to this via the gearshift side of the bike...these wires come close to the engine so I put them in a plastic sheath to protect them from the heat...Then a connection to the positive terminal on the compressor is made...

presto...a very loud horn...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|im2fast4uguys
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102258746 -->

compressor___relay.JPG

These horns are a huge improvement over the "tinkerbell" oem fitted horn....I bought these particular ones from "autozone"....the small compressor is a bonus as it locates in the fairing out of the elements...

seeya...
smile.gif

Nice write-up. Had a set of airhorns put on bike this fall. A huge improvement over the stock horn.

I like the way you mounted the horns, I mounted mine differently. I also put the air pump in the back of the bike, my thinking on that was that the front takes a lot more abuse from wheelies (accidental of course) and the such. I didn't want a heavy punp breaking loose and causing me to lose control of the steering.

Kev

Nice Job

I like the way you mounted the horns, I mounted mine differently. I also put the air pump in the back of the bike, my thinking on that was that the front takes a lot more abuse from wheelies (accidental of course) and the such. I didn't want a heavy punp breaking loose and causing me to lose control of the steering.

Kev

Nice Job
The heavy pump actually helps keep the front down during those "accidental" wheelie moments...

Thank you all for reading this topic ...glad you got something from it..

Back