Twilight the movie... And why it's an abomonation.

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I haven't even seen the movies or read the books, because I can't bring myself to do it... Really... They aren't vampires... They're... they're... fairies... I mean, Vampires don't go in the sunlight... THEY CAN'T! If they do, they burst into flames and die! They don't burst into sparkles!!!! FLAMES!!!! There's a difference! See, Flames are awesome, and sparkles are... well... Flaming...

Sorry for the randomness, but a conversation an old bosses wife and I had brought that up. We were talking about good books, and she told me of Twilight, so I thought "ok, if she likes it, it must not be all bad" so we started talking vampires... Then she told me of the sparkles... It was sad... So many people have been corrupted by these "vampire" stories of sparkly men...

So, in conclusion, I leave you with how I think this story should end...

Blade-Twilight.jpg

Gay Vampires get two stakes.:laugh:

AHAHAHA!!! Phil you are a crack up! :rofl:

I saw the movie. It was more of a heart throb movie for 15 year old's stuck in an all girl Catholic school then it was a vampire movie. I didn't see what the big deal was. I didn't think it was as good as everyone made it out to be. :poke:

If you want to read about Vampires my friend.....stay away from authors that write they sparkle! Can you say "GHEY" :laugh:

Read a series from an author that really knows how vampires live.

:thumbsup:

user860_pic121_1213354095.jpg

So, I haven't even seen the movies or read the books, because I can't bring myself to do it... Really... They aren't vampires... They're... they're... fairies... I mean, Vampires don't go in the sunlight... THEY CAN'T! If they do, they burst into flames and die! They don't burst into sparkles!!!! FLAMES!!!! There's a difference! See, Flames are awesome, and sparkles are... well... Flaming...

Sorry for the randomness, but a conversation an old bosses wife and I had brought that up. We were talking about good books, and she told me of Twilight, so I thought "ok, if she likes it, it must not be all bad" so we started talking vampires... Then she told me of the sparkles... It was sad... So many people have been corrupted by these "vampire" stories of sparkly men...

So, in conclusion, I leave you with how I think this story should end...

Bravo!!! I concur totally!!!

My daughter is hooked on this stuff. I tried to read it and couldn't make it five pages. I wanted to put my foot through Bella's face by page three. Whiny high-maintenance drama-queen... I guess that's why it resonates so well with the 13-17 set.

Vampires that play... BASEBALL??!!?? WTH?

I asked her if there were any car chases?
No.

Any killer fight scenes between hordes of vampires and v-hunters?
No.

Anyone get fried 'cause they couldn't make it back to the cave in time?
No. Actually, they live in a really cool rural split-level furnished by Ikea.

And to top it off:
The dude drives... a VOLVO??? WTH-squared!!!
And the wolf-dude drives... a Rabbit??!!!

What self-respecting, undead, sucker of blood would ever be caught in a Volvo??!! A Lambo, a Bentley, Maybach, hell, a '67 Yenko Camaro would have been cooler than a flippin' Volvo! Besides, Vamps can fly!
No. They just run up hills very fast and jump far.

Where the hell is Wesley Snipes or Van Helsing when you need them?

AHAHAHA!!! Phil you are a crack up! :rofl:

I saw the movie. It was more of a heart throb movie for 15 year old's stuck in an all girl Catholic school then it was a vampire movie. I didn't see what the big deal was. I didn't think it was as good as everyone made it out to be. :poke:

The first one was decent, but the second one was as you describe. After going I read an article about an 85% female audience and I believe it.

the kids went through a phase with this too...more about the romance than the vampires

Read "The Delicate Dependency" if you want a good vampire book! :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

The movies are the Sesame Street version of vampires....

I read the books and they are ok...I don't mind that someone decided to show vampires in a more "Emo" light with more feelings that cravings...but the books outweigh the movies so far...
But..that being said... I have to admit, I root for the wolves...I don't think I need to explain why :p

You went to see it in the theater?? :poke: On purpose?

It was the holidays and you're only eight years old once or in Phils case for a short period of years, anyway, yes I went. Enjoyed the first one, but this one was definitely geared toward young teenage girls. :banghead:

The movies are the Sesame Street version of vampires....

I read the books and they are ok...I don't mind that someone decided to show vampires in a more "Emo" light with more feelings that cravings...but the books outweigh the movies so far...
But..that being said... I have to admit, I root for the wolves...I don't think I need to explain why :p

So did Rachel :whistle:

Calm down, Ben!
It is just a movie/book.
Vampires aren't real anyway, flaming or sparkling............
It is the werewolves you really need to be concerned about!! :laugh:

Back