TV Antenna question

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
The problem is one station does not come in very well. During summer months it get worse. With the digital signal only, you either pick it up or you don't.

Thought this my be a possible fix to pick up this weaker signal.

I have one antenna in the attic for local channels, (ABC is the weak station)
If I add another antenna and tie both into a splitter would this increase reception?

:please:

have you tried just adding a booster? I hate digital, at least with analog you could get sound in a bad storm to hear the warnings

This may give you some info.

Winegard antenna selector
DTV Antenna Selector - Winegard
Along with this one
AntennaWeb

I think you would be better off with a single antenna than running two.

I'm surprised ABC is the weak station as it is the closest one to you.

I need to hook mine up and rescan the channels and see what results I get. I haven't tried it since the dropping of analog stations.

I lived within a mile of a very strong station and couldn't get it at all. Go out another couple of miles and it came in perfect.
Anyway, I'm going to be switching to an antenna soon to save the $8.00 per month the satelite company is charging for our local channels. Digital converter box and antenna here I come.
As for storm reports, I have a police scanner that I get all my storm news straight from the chasers, as it is happening.

This may give you some info.

Winegard antenna selector
DTV Antenna Selector - Winegard
Along with this one
AntennaWeb

I think you would be better off with a single antenna than running two.

I'm surprised ABC is the weak station as it is the closest one to you.

I need to hook mine up and rescan the channels and see what results I get. I haven't tried it since the dropping of analog stations.

I am keeping the antenna because it is free and HD is much better on the antenna.
Thanks for the input

Back