turn signals flashing to fast??

birdaprey

Registered
ok so I ordred some new led rear turn signals and now the front and rear lights blink to fast..... what do I need to correct this...

Wouldn't a proper resistance uh resistor do the trick as well? Installed somewhere along the positive lead to the LED's? Or am I crapping on my shoes?:super:

The relay in the Busa is designed for the current draw of an incandesent bulb. LEDs draw almost nothing and cause the relay to fly. You can mess with the relay (replace it) or you can make a circuit to emulate the current draw of bulbs. Another option - you can get Titanium coated bulbs (if your intent is to make the bulbs look transparent). These bulbs are cheap, $10 for the pair, and they work with the stock flasher. I used the yellow titanium coated bulbs under my Clear Alternatives front turn signal lenses. There is no yellow visible until the bulb lights up. Titanium coating looks like chrome plating and it reflects the incoming light and hides the yellow or red bulb under it. They are cheap and need no special effort to install.

I have the same problem. A resister would work but I have no idea what size. Soes anyone have the low down as to what size it would take? :super:

Click on the link above. I did it for my rear undertail with LED's. VERY VERY simple.

1.Pull off the front left inner shroud

2.Locate relay box(rectangular)

3.Remove the two wires mentioned

*It is the orange with gren tracer wire and the light blue one

4.Crimp spade connectors on

5.Install a over the counter flasher from Autozone

Thank Johnnycheese for this, and order a PCIIIr from him he's got a kick arse special!!

Marcus

Click on the link above. I did it for my rear undertail with LED's. VERY VERY simple.

1.Pull off the front left inner shroud

2.Locate relay box(rectangular)

3.Remove the two wires mentioned

*It is the orange with gren tracer wire and the light blue one

4.Crimp spade connectors on

5.Install a over the counter flasher from Autozone

Thank Johnnycheese for this, and order a PCIIIr from him he's got a kick arse special!!

Marcus

ok... I took a quick look for the relay box and had no luck...

just where is it at? is there lot's of wires going in to it?

I must be looking at the wrong thing... never saw a orange wire with green stripe? I did however find a light blue one; but could not follow it to a box? ( is it by the fuse box , or more around the lower part of the tank? )

When you remove the left inner fairing, look on the inside of the frame rail up near the handle bars. It is a rectangular black box maybe a couple inches long by an inch wide. It's attatched to the frame by way of those rubber straps that slip over a metal tab. There are maybe 12-14 wires that run into it. It controls the turn signals and sidestand also. If you still cant find it, when you have the inner off just grab the wire comming from your sidestand and wiggle it then follow it back to the box.

Remove the box from the frame, look at the underside of it and located your two wires, pull them out, and crimp your connectors on.

Good luk,

let us know how you make out.

Just did my '03. The relay box is the thing that is attached to the fuse box. I couldn't see the wires until I pulled the unit (2 allen head bolts, easy) and then it was a five minute job.

It works awesome and I got one of those LOUD relays, so I can hear it click.

I now plan to get a new exhaust system so to drown out the relay noise problem.

Thanks for the help.

Back