Turn signal problems!!!

Bofh_uk

Registered
Hi all. I've still got a problem in the rain with my 99 bike loosing a cylinder and now I've got problems with the turn signals.

They stopped working the other day, the fuse is ok and all the lights flash when I set the alarm. They worked again for a few turns the other day but now wont work at all. I popped into my local shop and they said it might be my alarm playing up and I should book it in for a check......

Sounded like bollox to me and I asked if they would let me swap the flasher unit with a new one, they said no...... So I left lol

Anyone got any thoughts on where the problem might lie. I checked the switch the other day and it all looked fairly clean in there but I didn't strip it totally.

Is it likely to be the flasher unit? The shop want £59 for an original one so I don't want to buy it unless I can be sure that's the fault.

Hope you chaps can help.

If they light up but dont flash change the flasher fuse
If they dont light up at all check the wire connections to the lights if the fuse is good
If that isnt it look at where the alarrn spliced into the harness those connects might be loose

had the same prob with my 99 a while back , check block connector under left hand inner fairing panel mine was corroded , good clean up & jobs a good un :thumbsup:

had the same prob with my 99 a while back , check block connector under left hand inner fairing panel mine was corroded , good clean up & jobs a good un :thumbsup:

Nice one Delbert, I was thinking along those lines. I had a good root about in there the other week and also sprayed it full of some so called water repellant. I'll rip it apart tomorrow night. Is there anything else in there that might be causing the running problems during the rain do you think?

One last thing, where's the flasher relay? Is it the little box hanging on the side of the fuse box?

Cheers

Thanks for the help chaps, although it was almost spotless in there, once I gave it a good dose of lube the indicators are working again.

Back