Turn signal mod

Busatized

Donating Member
Registered
I am having a problem taking the rear body panel off to get to the rear turn signal wiring. I've got the screws and plastic tabs removed but can't figure out how to get the body panel over the cargo holder hooks. does the panel slide over the hooks or can the hooks be removed?
1zhelp.gif
1zhelp.gif

Thanks in advance!

GMY

1zhelp.gif

O'k Playa all that is needed iz to remove the bungee bolts. Just pry the black caps off then use your allien wrench to unscrew them. Get back with us to let us know whats going on.

Those damn pan head screws, I got one out but the other I stripped all to hades on the first try. Ended up drilling the shizzle out of it to get a slot for a flat head to fit in there. I ended up hammering the the bit in there so it would get a good grip and attaching a socket wrench with a driver attachment to turn the head. BEWARE THOSE BASTARDS ARE TIGHT!

Those damn pan head screws, I got one out but the other I stripped all to hades on the first try.  Ended up drilling the shizzle out of it to get a slot for a flat head to fit in there.  I ended up hammering the the bit in there so it would get a good grip and attaching a socket wrench with a driver attachment to turn the head.  BEWARE THOSE BASTARDS ARE TIGHT!
get yer self an impact gun it you plan on working on your own bike . There are gonna be so many times they will come in handy . There's lots of nut/bolts/screws that you wont be able to remove without one . The bigger guns are great,you can always turn down the blast(my big impact wrench has 475 ft pounds of torque) you can break stuff with that .
But I also have a little butterfly impact thats gr8 too . Goes into real tight places .
If its not in yer budget , or you dont have THAT much interest , buy yerself a cheapy "Hand-drolic" type . You know,the kind you smack with yer ballpeen pursuader .

Funny how the simple things (black tabs in the bungee bolts) can be over looked when your looking for the complex solution. Anyway enough of that brain freeze...

We had a total washed out weekend so I spent it in the garage. Bolted on the Yosh RS-3's, did the rear fender cutoff mod, mounted the clear diamond turn signals and license plate, swapped the windscreen for the ZG double bubble and trick meshed the openings in the front and rear fairings. busted the bank for about 6 bills but man my baby looks good. Today, I will be sending flowers to the other love interest in my life, she can get very jealous!

Before you ask, I have not replaced my camera that took bath so I can't post pics, yet.

Thanks for the assistance.

GMY

Back