Turn Signal Mod/Replacement Help please.

waldrop1994

Registered
Ok let's start from the beginning.... I have an '06 Busa. I wrecked it and now im at the end of restoring it, but I've ran into a problem. When I had the accident the nose/front cowl that houses the headlight and turnsigs got broken(see pic). My problem is finding the connections to plug my new turnsigs in.... Im not sure if they got pulled off when the cowl broke or am I just overlooking them. I have the new cowl and the headlights and sigs are mounted onto it. The headlight connection is still there and when plugged they work perfectly. Are the turnsigs connect point on the headlight harness somewhere? If not where should they be? How should they look? Anyone have any pics to help?

From phone 5-5 167.jpg

I have a Gen II, even then I am not that familiar with the wiring. What happens when you turn the bike on and switch on the turn signals? Are they shorted out and blow a fuse, do the rears blink quickly as they should when the fronts are out?

i am almost positive the turn signal couplers are separate from the headlight harness. not 100% sure but i thought the turn signal coupler color was brown but i can't remember the wire colors. sorry i can't help you more than that.

Thanks for the replies guys.
When I turn the bike on and signal either way, the flashers do come on in the rear like they should and they work fine. I saw a couple of connectors on the headlight harness and thought that would be where i plug the end of the 1157socket into. Am I correct or no? Thanks agan

Turn sig is a part of the headlight harness. The 1157 socket comes plug and play ready if brought from the dealer. All you do is plug to matching color wires. Will post pics later

I think there is a separate harness that plugs into the main harness the runs through the nose I'm going to take my nose off tonight maybe ill snap some pics.

All of this is tied in with your Headlight harness.
Just match the colors(green and black/green and black) (brown and black/brown and black)

SOCKET 001.jpg

SOCKET 002.jpg

SOCKET 003.jpg

Back