Turn Signal Issues

ThrlSkr

Registered
Was knocked over while parked over a week ago. Turn signals were ok.

Now, mysteriously, they dont work. When I click, nothing happens. If I press button in to cancel signals, then try to signal left or right, the indicator blinks once, then nothing.

Any ideas?

probably just coincidence... check the flasher unit .. sometimes you can "smack" it one and it will start working.. (still need new one if thats the case)

Emergency flashers work?
Flasher unit is right under the left side dash panel(sitting on it).

Have an alarm (Scorpio) but not recently installed. Will let you know what happens once I start disassembling . . . thanks for the responses.

Don't start disassembling anything. Try replacing the one little thing that unplugs and plugs back in. "Flasher Relay" When it fails your ability to make a flash at the turn signals fail.
If that doesn't work then start disconnecting stuff.

Start out with "simplicity" then move to the "headaches"

Was knocked over while parked over a week ago. Turn signals were ok.

Now, mysteriously, they dont work. When I click, nothing happens. If I press button in to cancel signals, then try to signal left or right, the indicator blinks once, then nothing.

Any ideas?

Was knocked over how? That sucks big time.???

Was knocked over how? That sucks big time.???

Some a$$hole pulling out of a parking space I presume. No witnesses, no trace . . . They clipped me and left my bike laying in the street . . .

Ok, so far, I pulled the fairing panels and checked the fuses. All are good.

Next I will try the flasher unit. Will keep y'all posted.

Damage could have been much worse considering. Only cost me $84 in parts . . .

house and bike 001.JPG

house and bike 002.JPG

Ok its taken me forever to get back on here. Been renovationg my house and it has taken WAY too long . . .

I replaced the signal relay and the switch. Turns out neither were the problem. Apparently when I boosted the bike, I shorted the alarm module, which took out my signal lights.

Once the module was removed, lights worked again. Sent the alarm back to Scorpio for repair.

Back