Turn signal flasher

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Thought I'd install a heavy duty flasher on the busa to slow down the signal flash speed. Installed that chincy Mototech undertail with led turn signals and the signals flash about twice as fast as they should.

Has any of the other group buyers for this undertail installed a heavy duty flasher?

If you know where the flasher is located and have a photo, please post it up. Is the flasher a two post male?

The flasher unit is under the left front dash panel.  It's rectangular in shape. You'll have to figure out which two pins (it's a multi unit, theres several pins) to push through and run to your HD flasher.  It's not that hard to do, I did it on mine last year.

Then I just double sided taped the HD flasher to the side of the mount.

It's not that the Mototek is chincy, it's the LEDs that are causing the rapid flash.

Good luck.

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149968163 -->

untitled1.jpg

Installed that chincy Mototech undertail with led turn signals and the signals flash about twice as fast as they should.
Chincy???
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

Dont know about you but mine was expensive and i love it... what do you expect from taking out regular bulbs and replacing with LED's? They dont use as much power so the LED's blink faster...

rock.gif

rock.gif

Hey Thanks a million thebbbusa. You are a life saver.

I'm not complaining about the LED lights, just needed to know where the flasher was.

There is no doubt the Mototech undertail is expensive, it truely is. But the one I installed didn't fit well, holes didn't line up, stock push pins didn't work well and the tail light fit was very poor. If I had it to do over again I would have purchased one of Motorheads undertails. However, the mototech does look good from a distance.

Thought I'd install a heavy duty flasher on the busa to slow down the signal flash speed. Installed that chincy Mototech undertail with led turn signals and the signals flash about twice as fast as they should.

Has any of the other group buyers for this undertail installed a heavy duty flasher?

If you know where the flasher is located and have a photo, please post it up. Is the flasher a two post male?
You can also slow the flash speed by using 2 5 Ohm 25W resistors in parallel for each turn signal. That is what I use and works fine. The resistors get hot to the touch but the blink rate is perfect.

my $0.02

Installed that chincy Mototech undertail with led turn signals and the signals flash about twice as fast as they should.
Chincy???
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

Dont know about you but mine was expensive and i love it... what do you expect from taking out regular bulbs and replacing with LED's? They dont use as much power so the LED's blink faster...
They have less resistance thats why they flash faster. Its like having a bulb out.

rock.gif

rock.gif

Thanks for the help guys. I had no idea where that puppy was located and it doesn't show anything in the tech manual as to it's location. I was suspicious that this little black box was it but wasn't sure?

Thanks!

Back