Turn Signal Flasher

Stealth_Busa

Registered
Ok,
I have the service manual and connot find the flasher or where it is located.

I have a 552 variable load flasher, and want to change out the stock one.

Where is the stock flasher located?

Thanks,

Stealth

It looks like it is located under the left side of the bike next to the forks. You may be able to access it by only taking off the inner fairing on the left side. It is on page 7-38 of the 1999 - 2000 service manual. Hope this helps.

POST WHORER!!
smile.gif

I think the correct term is Post Whoree. Ur so unedukated!

ThunderPants,

Interesting Handle, Name, anyhow, thanks for the info. I went right to 7-38, and there it was.

Thanks again.

Stealth

Bummer,

I tried to replace the trun signal flasher with a 552 variable load flasher from NAPA. It was indicated that this change would slow down the fast flashing LED's.

Well......, I took the left inner faring off, found the fuse box, then the flasher. The problem was that the turn signal flasher and the side stand relay, are both in the same black box, and are not seperate.

I have to ask, how did someone upgrade to the 552, when they are both in the same housing leaving no room, and no pin alignment, and no way that it would work?

Stealth.

They must have found the correct wires coming off the back of the relay plug and cut them and wired in the Napa unit. As I recall, the sidestand and flasher circuits are in the same box but are separate - meaning they don't connect with each other inside. Check the wiring diagram in your shop manual to determine the right wires to cut. AND GOOD LUCK!

You might want to consider losing the LEDS and installing Titanium bulbs - $6 each. Then no circuit mods are needed and the titaniums are invisible behind the clear lenses. Mine look great! Its a lot easier and cheaper.

They must have found the correct wires coming off the back of the relay plug and cut them and wired in the Napa unit. As I recall, the sidestand and flasher circuits are in the same box but are separate - meaning they don't connect with each other inside. Check the wiring diagram in your shop manual to determine the right wires to cut. AND GOOD LUCK!

You might want to consider losing the LEDS and installing Titanium bulbs - $6 each. Then no circuit mods are needed and the titaniums are invisible behind the clear lenses. Mine look great! Its a lot easier and cheaper.

Back