Turbos and Gas

How much does a Turbo on your Busa affect you gas consumption?

I weigh 270 suited have a 240 rear tire and used to be able to cruise on the interstate for 170 miles before i ever needed to fill up. Now with the turbo even if i don't boost it I haven't been over 130 miles on 1 tank. Once you start boosting it sucks it up pretty good

I weigh 270 suited have a 240 rear tire and used to be able to cruise on the interstate for 170 miles before i ever needed to fill up. Now with the turbo even if i don't boost it I haven't been over 130 miles on 1 tank. Once you start boosting it sucks it up pretty good

That sums it up quite nicely I have to say! Thanks!

I get around 30mpg if I don't boost at all, that's mileage vs gallons of gas. But its so hard not to spool the turbo, unfortunately my computer says I get an average of 13mpg :cheerleader:

I have a fairly fat tune with a Stage 1 and 18/43 gearing and if i try my best to hold it at a steady 70 mph i can barely squeak out about 35 mpg...if you start gettin' after it it's all downhill from there.:thumbsup:

that is like how much money does it cost to gamble in vegas... :)

make power burn gas...

ride it normal? get normal gas mileage.. Like Frank said, proper mapping

That sums it up quite nicely I have to say! Thanks!

no problem. I forgot to add that the weight of my turbo kit was 70lb shipped so you start adding up all that and the electronics, fuses, wires, ect....its not necessarily the turbo addition but a whole combo of stuff. I also run 19/45 gearing so its pretty close to stock gearing....Not when I said 130mph a tank that was crusing at 80mph the whole time

A simple stage 1 turbo with only 6lbs of boost will get you at least 220hp and can still pull 35mpg if you keep off the boost (under 5500 rpm). Not too many 220hp engines can give you that kind of mileage.

that is like how much money does it cost to gamble in vegas... :)

THAT sums it up. If you want a turbo'd bike you should be wanting mph, not mpg!

That is almost as good as when I was selling my 8inch lifted Dodge on 39's, and the guy wanted to know the mpg!:rofl:

*I am not trying to make a fun of the question, just showing it from another point of view*

Back