TurboHayabusa, Please help me...

Hello! Please help me!
Can someone tell where the crankcase ventilation is positioned on my hayabusa. My bike is converted into a turbocharged (310hp) monsterHaya and with all the extra equipment that follows I have some real difficulties to find it.
I am going to race tomorrow and I have to prepare the bike this evening. So I would be really greatfull if someone could help me with this soon!
/Desirée

On top of the gearbox, shiny silver cover, if yours is a '99 model it will have a hose going to small black plastic box in same area where fumes and oil get time to separate again and fumes go via hose from there to airbox, if you have a '00 model this will have hose directly from mentioned cover to airbox and that's also reason '00 should have a bit lower oil level (to prevent engine from blowing oil into airbox).

Hope this helps.

Thank you!!!!
Probably that black plastic box is some kind of oil separator. The gas avacuation tube is probably missing on my bike then, but if I tell them that i have a closed crankcase vantilation system this will probably be enough to please the race personel if i do not tell them about this missing tube.

Thank you again, you have saved my day!!

/Desi

My pleasure, black plastic box is indeed oil separator, couldn't think of the right word in time, keep us posted on how your Turbo Busa does, many here interested to say the least, probably even more if you're a woman like your name suggests (wink, wink)?

Well, I'll have to take that chance tomorrow, but i agree with you and I will fix this tube and can before my next race.

As you can see I have changed my UserName as I noticed that everybody had these cool signatures. Yes I am a female and I will tell you more about my bike if you are interested. This is my second race so do not expect to much :)
/Desi

Mine came off during a dyno run, I am still cleaning oil from my bike. If you are going racing you will have a real mess on your hands.

ok Booost,
Hello from the swede on the west coast! Guys I can tell ya alittle about the bike...one word...MCXPRESS. Good luck with the race Desi! I dont know how you guys can race in those classes you have there...when I was there we went to the race in vastaras.Bike weekend...saw alot of turbo bikes there....What ya guys and gals need is a shootout class...68in wheelbase, unlimited mods,etc. You getting used to that power yet? I rode eriks bike and it was incredible...even though I only got it up to about .5 bar. hehehehe it was set at 1.1 bar laddtryck at the time heheheh. Didnt want to push the envelope on his bike..not used to stock wheelbase ,monster hp,machines like that....I wished I had an arm with me to bolt on..hehehhe
Good luck!!]
sebastian
Nxt Level Racing

Does any of you turbo drivers had any problems with hot starting ?
I talked to a guy with a mc-express turbo on his Busa and it wouldnt start when hot due to "steam lock ? (the fuel vaporize due to excessive heat)", sort of like the problems with the Yamaha WR/YZ 400.
Anyone else had this problem ?

dead on busa...if you dont mind me asking who is this guy? I have not heard of any such problem.

Greg.....didnt you order a hahn kit? I recall that i had you on the list but then saw your post that you ordered a HRC kit instead. I took you off the list...
I have some pics if you would like to see them.
seb
NLR

Hello Guys,

I was running my bike in "Stockholm Cup" this weekend (dragracing cup). We where two Marklund Hayabusas there and I am sad to say
that in Sweden we have to run in class "Super Pro Street Bike". In this class it's usually quite few participants and among them
there are the gentlemen with real Pro-Stock Bikes! This Saturday it was only the two of us, the Mc-Xpress Hayabusas, in this class
(the 600 class). In the 500 class there where 25 bikes! But we got to run "best of three" so we had our share of runs.

He won the first with 10.1 seconds against my 10.29 seconds. The second race we where both so hot that we had som trouble with keeping the front wheel on the ground. I won this time with lousy 10.7 sec.

Before our last run a car blow his automatic gearbox on my lane and the cleaning up was not so very successful so I was spinning
at least 50 meeters before "take off". So my competitor won the race. I must tell you that this is a wonderfull bike, but I have some homework to do before I get the "starting part" perfect.

To go up to 1.1 bar is not a problem as long as you keep it wheeling about constant 10°. If you just give it full throttle before the fulload characteristics allows this, you will have some unburned fuel going into the turbocharger. This will burn there and ..ooops...you turbo starts working as a gasturbine and the next thing you'll know is that you are laying on your back with your favorite 230 kg steel lover between you legs.
(Sorry about my bad english)

/Desirée (Now with the nickname Booost)

[This message has been edited by Booost (edited 10 July 2000).]

Welcome Booost and thanks for the update on your progress. I believe I've heard of you already from my supervisor. You didn't know you were an international celebrity did you? :) When I showed him my new Hayabusa he told me of a female engineer he met at Volvo (I think) who was waiting on a turbo for her Hayabusa. I've got a couple of big tire drag bikes with wheelie bars (best time 8.53sec) so the Busa is more for the street and twisties. I have taken it to the track once and ran 10.24sec/137mph in stock trim. I used to have a turbo Kawasaki streetbike that the original owner had run a 9.13sec (w/ nitrous) on. That bike was scary on the street. Oh well, I'd better get back to work. Good Luck!

NLR / I dont know the fellows name, but he has a copper Busa, he attends the local bike meeting once a week and he always have problems when he`s about to leave.

Dead-on-busa,
I think you are talking about the guy who was my competitor on Tullinge this weekend. I know his name but wont write it here. He told me that he had moved a sensor (the sensor that controlls the fuel amount towards air tmperature/density) from under the tank to the former air intake. This solved the problem. The heat from the engine fooled the CPU to compensate for high ambient temperature/low fuel density.

I don't know if this is the problem that you are talking about....he also mentioned some other problems with the throttle valves....

Ahh I know the guy who you are talking about now....got confused since I am in the states...Yes , as booost stated there is a temp sensor that gets heat spoaked if not moved to the air inlet duct. Well all I can say is Mcxpress kicks arse!!!
seb/NLR

Back