Turbo/Tire Problem

tnas

Registered
I have a 00 Busa with a Mr Turbo kit / Rayjay turbo. Took Turbo off to have bearing changed. When I got it back apparently they did not have the two halves lined up exactly as I sent it to them and I did not know it was adjustable as far as rotation of the two halves so I did not mark or scribe it..
My problem is the turbo now hits the front tire when turned to the right and the forks compressed as in hard braking. Has this happened to anyone else and it seems like anyway I rotate the Turbo the tire hits. I am going to bring the whole bike in a trailer to my friends machine shop to see if He thinks the easist fix is to cut down the flange to the Turbo where it meets the exhaust flange .
Anyone have any ideas as I am bringing the bike there tomorrow. Thanks

I have a 00 Busa with a Mr Turbo kit / Rayjay turbo. Took Turbo off to have bearing changed. When I got it back apparently they did not have the two halves lined up exactly as I sent it to them and I did not know it was adjustable as far as rotation of the two halves so I did not mark or scribe it..
My problem is the turbo now hits the front tire when turned to the right and the forks compressed as in hard braking. Has this happened to anyone else and it seems like anyway I rotate the Turbo the tire hits. I am going to bring the whole bike in a trailer to my friends machine shop to see if He thinks the easist fix is to cut down the flange to the Turbo where it meets the exhaust flange .
Anyone have any ideas as I am bringing the bike there tomorrow. Thanks

The "clocking" of the turbo is not going to change your tire clearance issues. If you did not change anything else when you pulled the turbo, I suspect that when you re-installed the header (hopefully with fresh gaskets) you tightened the bolts incorrectly. First, you should snug all the bolts up; then, you need to tighten the BOTTOM ROW of bolts on the header first, and then the top row. This will pull the header flange closer to the motor, and should make the difference in your case . . .:please:

The "clocking" of the turbo is not going to change your tire clearance issues. If you did not change anything else when you pulled the turbo, I suspect that when you re-installed the header (hopefully with fresh gaskets) you tightened the bolts incorrectly. First, you should snug all the bolts up; then, you need to tighten the BOTTOM ROW of bolts on the header first, and then the top row. This will pull the header flange closer to the motor, and should make the difference in your case . . .:please:

Now thats expert know-how right there:thumbsup:

Back