turbo questions:size and application

Ok So I just had a seal go bad in my turbo, it was a Mr. Turbo street kit, and I have a few questions regarding replacing/repairing it. I have 2 brand new T3/T4 turbos, not too sure of the specifics on the turbos, but I was wondering if I would be able to just swap the turbos and retune the bike... or if there are specific turbos that I have to get to fit the Hayabusa. Also I was wondering if it is possible/expensive to repair seals in the turbos. Also anyone know where I can get a replacement turbo if i need to at a reasonable price? thanks for your help.

If its a Garrett style t3/t4 turbo its $200-280 to rebuild. A Garrett turbo new is $500-700 , a new center section is also an option. The exhaust bolt pattern is what you need to compare also to reuse your pipe.

Hi

I have a T3/T4, exhaust housing A / R .48.
It seems to me very little because the boost starts of 5500 RPM?
Would the A / R .63 be ok?
Thanks

Hello, I have a turbo kit hayabusa 99/07 stage 2, and I want to transport this kit for a hayabusa 2012, (1340), which part I need to replace the kit?

Turbo Kit velocity racing

Hello, I have a turbo kit hayabusa 99/07 stage 2, and I want to transport this kit for a hayabusa 2012, (1340), which part I need to replace the kit?

Turbo Kit velocity racing

I think a gt28r would be perfect for a 300hp quick spooling turbo. But that turbo would be costly and you would need a costly header. You could get a t3/t04e 57 trim which isn't ball bearing but would have the same spool characteristics as the 28r but would costs hundreds less as would the header. Basically, the stage 1 rcc turbo would be right up your alley. Then you could build the motor,keep the turbo and make over 400hp and keep cost down.

Or you could do like I did and get the super ultra and make 640hp and drive it on the street daily. Only maintainance really is a frequent oil change. I mean you'll always be smelling things at stop lights or listening for weird noises but that's all coming natural when you ride.

Junior, you will need to make some small changes to up pipe and general fit but the whole kit can be made fit,
not perfect , the throttlebodies have a different spacing, you can just stretch the silicone boots and use the gen 1 plenum on the gen 2 , or sell it and buy the correct one
gen 1 are 80mm centres 80-80-80 , gen 2 are 75 -90- 75
gen 2 also lets you use editor for fuel etc , so you can fit a 1:1 regulator and have much better fuel control than the common gen 1 fmu/powercommander combo

Ace is correct in what he says above, but I prefer a smaller turbo for the street. If I'm running 60mph in 6th gear when I roll into my gt2871R I'm boosting by 3500rpms and at full boost by 5000rpms. No need to downshift here...lol. Also I can shortshift{8000rpms} going through the gears and rip anyones head off with a normal bike. My wife has a z1000 kawasaki and I used to do roll ons with her with my old 01 stage 3 Velocity bike from 60mph in 6th gear and she would jump me 20 bike lengths before the big 35r would finally spool up. Now she jumps me 3 feet and then it's over. Think about what you really want to do with your set up.

Ok, pulling thiss thread up from the grave....

I had my 99 busa making 338 at the rear wheel(s). It is in a car. My Garrett turbo died, bearing went/ate up housing. I don't know what the old one was as I bought the turbo bike used. I bought a new GT2871r and installed it. My Tial 38mm wastegate does not seem capable of doing its job now. I was trying to regulate to 13 psi of boost. When it hits 7,000 rpm, the boost gauge spikes to 28psi+, the limit of gauge. I disassembled the wastegate, everything seems to be working fine.

Is this wastegate simply insufficient for the job I am asking it to do? Will going to a 50mm wastegate be my solution?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Something is wrong there;I have a GT28 and a Tial 38mm WG and zero issues. Is it a legit Tial or fake?

Legit. It worked with the old turbo, but not with the new. I think my piping to the wastegate is too restrictive with this new turbo that is far more efficient. I decided to refabricate that before I go any farther.

Back