Turbo Question

hayabusa36

My Busa And I. Till Death Do Us Part.
Registered
race.gif
Hey guys!

I plain on ordering my turbo for my 06 busa this week  
biggrin.gif
but I was talking to Frank at Powerhouse and I thought he said that the boost comes on at like 8,000 RPM's. I looked on the Hahn web sight (thats the turbo kit I picked) and they say 6,000. My question is... isnt that low? Dont I want the turbo to start boosting as low in the RPM range as possable? I really dont know thats why I'm asking you guys. Please hook me up with the correct info on this.

Thanks
newbie.gif

i think from everything i have read they should start spooling up at aroung 5000 or so

my ghetto stage 1 7lb boost starts registering boost at 3700. It REALLY is noticeable from 5k on up.

I have a stage 1 velocity setup when install was done came out with almost 7psi boost. when i am in 5th gear and you roll on the throttle it goes past 0 on the gauge about 34-3500 and i have all boost a lttle past 5000 when under a hard load [pull]. now i know that the bigger turbo setups hot street and drag only bikes boost will come in at higher rpms. best bet would be go with stage 1 kit have frank do a custom map [custom map is ABSOLUTLY NESSESARY] after install is done your bike will pull so hard in the lower gears you won,t be worrying where you boost is comeing in

Super 16G compressor manifold pressure goes positive at 3000 and is at 10lbs by 5000. Perfect turbo for street use.

(Gary Evans @ Feb. 04 2007,07:54) Super 16G compressor manifold pressure goes positive at 3000 and is at 10lbs by 5000. Perfect turbo for street use.
If this is who I think it is I'd listen to anything he says, did you have a shop in FL, have since moved, couple land speed records? That name seems familiar.

It all depends on the turbo.

There are so many factors to when a turbo comes on boost it would be hard to list them all. But mainly if you are looking for a turbo that comes on early go with a mcxpress system. Intercooled, secondary fueling and an easy 300HP. Fastest spooling turbo system you can get for the busa.

(Gary Evans @ Feb. 04 2007,07:54) Super 16G compressor manifold pressure goes positive at 3000 and is at 10lbs by 5000. Perfect turbo for street use.
The turbo Gary is reffering to is the one used in the stage 1 Hahn kit. It comes on very early and I agree is a good turbo for a street kit. The only thing I don't like is the kit uses a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (FMU). You are a bit limited in options if you ever want to upgrade using a FMU.

My current setup uses secondary injectors and controller. After owning both, I will never own a turbo bike with a FMU again. Secondaries offer much better drivability and are much more flexible when it comes to different boost levels.

Mine comes in right around 6K

Like I said it depends on the turbo.

Wanna run a GT35R or GT40? You're looking at around 7 or 8K for full boost.

Hey Gary,.......what are the specs on the Super 16G you speak of? Do you have trim specs, wheel sizes, inlet and outlet diameters, any specs at all?? Thanks for any input!!!

Here is a compressor map.

Super%2016%20Compressor%20Map.jpg

I've had it up to 380hp @23lbs (water injection w/o intercooler) and it is capable of 400 pushed. I normally run it at a streetable level of 15lbs/300hp.

Back