Turbo or not to Turbo?

det45

Registered
Does anyone know any information on Turbo Kits for the stock Gen 2 Hayabusa? What kind of HP can I expect with a mild kit (If there is such a thing) and where can I get one without having to sell my house for the money? Also how hard are the kits to install?.....det45 :laugh:

say 250 at the wheel all day long with minor gizmo's. Price gets messy because a full exhaust is extra, and then some want this or that added as well, then you've got to think about the valves, and once you're in there why not... and there goes the base price. :laugh:

Does anyone know any information on Turbo Kits for the stock Gen 2 Hayabusa? What kind of HP can I expect with a mild kit (If there is such a thing) and where can I get one without having to sell my house for the money? Also how hard are the kits to install?.....det45 :laugh:

POWERHOUSE sells RCC, Hahn, Velocity, etc. A Stage One kit for a Gen 2 Busa can run 4 pounds of boost and give you approximately 230 RWHP. Higher boost numbers - and hence, higher horsepower - can only be attained safely by knocking down the high compression of the 09 motor with a spacer plate - which would still restrict you to about 7 pounds of boost and approximately 260 RWHP. While you are in the motor, you would want to replace the titanium valves with stainless, and put some good valve springs in. You could install water injection on top of that to get you to a max of 15 pounds boost and about 300 RWHP. Anything higher than this would require turbo pistons, rods and studs. Keep in mind that the RCC Stage One kit has the potential to take you well over 400 rear wheel horse with the right engine internals and proper fueling. Also keep in mind that because the 08/09 has eight injectors, ECU editor with boost referencing - again with the proper engine upgrades - will take you well past 350 RWHP. The Hahn kit - which comes with a Super 16G turbo- does not have the range that RCC does, although it is decent kit, if you like internal wastegates and mild steel headers. Hahn and Velocity both have the ability to be upgraded to external wastegates, but RCC already comes with it, and also comes with a 2 year warranty on the entire kit :thumbsup:

You could install any of these kits with basic hand tools if you know what you are doing. Even if you do, get the bike properly custom mapped on a dyno . . .:whistle:

Good advice from Frank. The Gen 2 motor requires a bit more $$ to get the boost level up compared to the Gen 1 motor.

Thanks for the info! All I want is a mild bolt on kit without having to go into the motor for my Gen 2. Is the 4 pound kit what I'm looking for and where can I order one and how much. Thanks again......det45

POWERHOUSE sells RCC, Hahn, Velocity, etc. A Stage One kit for a Gen 2 Busa can run 4 pounds of boost and give you approximately 230 RWHP. Higher boost numbers - and hence, higher horsepower - can only be attained safely by knocking down the high compression of the 09 motor with a spacer plate - which would still restrict you to about 7 pounds of boost and approximately 260 RWHP. While you are in the motor, you would want to replace the titanium valves with stainless, and put some good valve springs in. You could install water injection on top of that to get you to a max of 15 pounds boost and about 300 RWHP. Anything higher than this would require turbo pistons, rods and studs. Keep in mind that the RCC Stage One kit has the potential to take you well over 400 rear wheel horse with the right engine internals and proper fueling. Also keep in mind that because the 08/09 has eight injectors, ECU editor with boost referencing - again with the proper engine upgrades - will take you well past 350 RWHP. The Hahn kit - which comes with a Super 16G turbo- does not have the range that RCC does, although it is decent kit, if you like internal wastegates and mild steel headers. Hahn and Velocity both have the ability to be upgraded to external wastegates, but RCC already comes with it, and also comes with a 2 year warranty on the entire kit :thumbsup:

You could install any of these kits with basic hand tools if you know what you are doing. Even if you do, get the bike properly custom mapped on a dyno . . .:whistle:

I am fitting my stage 1 velocity kit in a couple of weeks. I will let you know how difficult it is for a first timer.

Thanks for the info! All I want is a mild bolt on kit without having to go into the motor for my Gen 2. Is the 4 pound kit what I'm looking for and where can I order one and how much. Thanks again......det45

For that power level you might want to look at just a head/cams setup. You are talking $5k+ to setup your bike like you want and be Turbo reliable.

http://www.rccturbos.com/product-ca...lypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4&category_id=1

I've been on the fence about it for a while, and right now I just can't justify the cost for as much riding time as I get.... :(

$4400 from RCC. Thats a turbo kit in a box. Still need tune at least

If it was me and i really wanted a turbo and a bike thta would last, id pony up and give to powerhouse along with a check and come back to ride it when they call

Last edited:
Can you ride a Turbo bike just like a stock bike, are they just as reliable, or do they need specail attention. Can it be ridden as a daily rider.

Can you ride a Turbo bike just like a stock bike, are they just as reliable, or do they need specail attention. Can it be ridden as a daily rider.

I believe its all in the install and proper parts for the boost wanted. I believe that they work just fine as a daily rider if done correctly and left alone. Hopefully some of our boosted members will chim in to be sure

Reliability will derive from the TUNE and the QUALITY of the parts. A good tune is a MUST or your motor will be toast! It is like this with any turbo setup.

:whistle:

CHEAP
FAST
RELIABLE

Pick 2 and go from there. :whistle:
You have to pay to play.

You know there are quite a few of knowledgable guys on this forum,,,,And alot of respectfully sponsors,,,I'd say, Let everyone together get a nice rig going by putting our heads together,,bulid our own setup,,,blue printed,,mass produce it and everyone here on the org can have one for about 1200.00 and some change
:laugh: each guy here ,,find out his forte and that will be his part of the build,,,,:thumbsup:

You can ride it just like normal until about 6k rpm when the sucker starts trying to rip your arms off if the throttle is over half way. :laugh:

Back