Turbo help

Pandaspeed

Registered
So I just got a 2006 turbo busa for stupid cheap but the thing with it is it starts up and runs fine for about 15 mins and then all the sudden acts like it's not getting fuel.
Anyone had this issue before?

Usually stupid cheap, and turbo Busa don't do well in the same sentence as there's usually a reason why it's stupid cheap. Just being honest with you.

Now, what kind of turbo kit is it? You you have a wideband? Possibly post a video of it running? How does it run when you ride it? Do you know the fuel pressure?

So I just got a 2006 turbo busa for stupid cheap but the thing with it is it starts up and runs fine for about 15 mins and then all the sudden acts like it's not getting fuel.
Anyone had this issue before?

You need to bring that bike into a shop that knows turbos and get the entire build and tune looked at. Trying to walk you
through issues on a bike like that will end in eventual disaster. Go to some one who knows what he is doing and get the bike fixed . . . :whistle:

Lol ya I knew it had fuel issues when I bought it. My buddy didn't wanna deal with it so I got it for a grand from him so I figure what the hell for that price I'll see if I can fix it.

Don't know the turbo kit I know it's a Garrett turbo. No wideband and I don't know the fuel pressure.
I don't know how to post a video on my phone but like it said it isles smooth revs and everything and then about 15 mins later acts like it's not getting enough fuel

Lol ya I knew it had fuel issues when I bought it. My buddy didn't wanna deal with it so I got it for a grand from him so I figure what the hell for that price I'll see if I can fix it.

Don't know the turbo kit I know it's a Garrett turbo. No wideband and I don't know the fuel pressure.
I don't know how to post a video on my phone but like it said it isles smooth revs and everything and then about 15 mins later acts like it's not getting enough fuel

Well unfortunately there's not much we can do to help unless you can give us more information. If you're in or near Texas, I'd be able to help you out.

Haha good one. No I got it cuz worst case I can learn and try myself. I'm in Canada and don't really have a shop here that specializes in turbo bikes.

How can I test my fuel pressure and everything so I can get u guys more info on what's goin on.

Take some pics of the turbo and headers, and the plenum, undertank area
it will give a good indication of who built it

what part of Canada

I'm in Cold Lake and built mine... Once you get more info up, we can give you some suggestions. You should try attending one of the bike weekends or Friday street legals at Castrol as there are lots of built turbo busa's there and you could quiz some of them up.

So put in a fuel pressure gauge and I noticed that the fuel line under the tank was punched so maybe that is it. Haven't had a chance to ride it Cuz we got a snow fall lol but it seems to idle and rev fine. FP is at 41ish. Give or take 1 psi it's an analog gauge. And when I rev it it drops to about 35-38psi. Is that normal?
But doesn't bog out when idling or when Reving when warm.

Coldbusa. Ya I'm gonna go tomorrow hopefully the snow is all melted by tomorrow night, and I'll see if one of them can give me a hand or point me in the right direction if it's still acting up. Do you know of any shops here that can tune it?

Pinched line will give all sorts of trouble
Good chance you found your trouble , make sure its routed so it cannot kink

When in boost what should it drop to?

New problem the oil pan fitting is leaking so I have to take the oil pan off and take the fitting out and get a new one.
Ill fix that and then take it for another rip and see what the bike does.
Thanks for all the help so far guys

New problem the oil pan fitting is leaking so I have to take the oil pan off and take the fitting out and get a new one.

Fuel pressure RISES when on boost, how much depends on what type of regulator you have. Post some pics of your setup, it will be easier for people to help you with your questions . . .

There's a shop in Calgary that may tune it for ya, but I can't remember the name. Really around us, there isn't any shops that specialize in turbo busas or gixxers. It's just us at the track tuning, unless we get down to the states or over to Ontario to get one of the pros doing it..

Yes ass frank said it should rise. With an fmu it will be a 1:6 ratio. So if the base pressure is 43, at 8psi it should be 90psi. If it's a 1:1, at 43psi at 8psi, it will be about 51psi.

Back