Turbo headers article

Purge welding stainless, when done properly does indeed weld the inside of tubing while you tig the outside, however, the header in the pics of that article do not appear to have been purge welded, if they were there would be no reason for die grinding inside them, and the weld that you can see on the inside is not a purge weld, it has been welded with filler rod from the inside of the flange, I have also never heard of 324 stainless, I wonder if they mean 321?

Richard

Purge welding stainless, when done properly does indeed weld the inside of tubing while you tig the outside, however, the header in the pics of that article do not appear to have been purge welded, if they were there would be no reason for die grinding inside them, and the weld that you can see on the inside is not a purge weld, it has been welded with filler rod from the inside of the flange, I have also never heard of 324 stainless, I wonder if they mean 321?

Richard

Richard,

I'll check on the Stainless number again, but when I was interviewing Jason I wrote 324 in my notes. I will also share your comment with him on the welding you observed and get quote from him.

Thanks for your insights...

Richard,

After speaking with Jason I made a mistake on the Stainless Steel and will have it changed in the article. It is 321 as you mentioned.

Also you are correct as to the filler rod, it was used due to the widths of some of the gaps that must be closed. All the inside welds are ground as a precaution to ensure there is no chance of anything going into the turbo impellers. Such as weld splatter.

Once again thanks for pointing out what you saw.

i know, hats off to you richard, lol.

RCC turbo headers have a two year warranty, along with the rest of the kit. POWERHOUSE has been with Richard for 8+ years and I personally have never seen one of Richard's headers crack; and I certainly never have to worry about one dropping the entire turbo on the street or dyno . . . why mess with the rest when you can buy the best!:beerchug:

All of you Hahn guys- WHEN your head pipe cracks, replace it with a quality RCC header from POWERHOUSE; we can do it for Velocity, or any other kit out there. Don't just make a purchase, make an investment.:laugh:

Back