Turbo Header Cracked..........

yeah, i purchased the one from them over the net, got a decent deal, looks like a very good , healthy header!

Cody
lurk.gif

Here's your finished product. I will ship it out tomarrow. FYI, MCExpress makes one hell of a turbo manifold. This is the best quality manifold i've ever seen.

manifold1.JPG

That's looks pretty good to me Justin, you know your ****!
Give me a call tomorrow when you ship it!

Cody

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

(black954 @ Jul. 17 2007,20:28) Here's your finished product. I will ship it out tomarrow. FYI, MCExpress makes one hell of a turbo manifold. This is the best quality manifold i've ever seen.
And you cut it
guns.gif

beerchug.gif
nice job

(OZBooster @ Jul. 18 2007,01:55)
(black954 @ Jul. 17 2007,20:28) Here's your finished product. I will ship it out tomarrow. FYI, MCExpress makes one hell of a turbo manifold. This is the best quality manifold i've ever seen.
And you cut it
guns.gif

beerchug.gif
nice job
Yeah, I made him, but he did one hell of a job!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I was going to cut the entire turbo flange off the new one, but the collector was way bigger than the one I had to weld on and this was the best way. The new header was shorter than the old one and this added 3/8" to make it a little closer to the old one.

Doesn't stainless get brittle with heat and just for the sake of theory, wouldn't aircraft grade titanium be the best material for a turbochaqrger's header?

No stainless doesn't get brittle. Actually Ti becomes more brittle than SS over the same period of time. Plus, the thickness of the header tubes and flanges absorb the heat much better than thinner material. FYI, most exhaust systems on bikes are made from thinwall SS, and all stock brake rotors are made of ss, which gets much hotter than a turbo header. This new header is made of 3/32" wall tubing and 1/4" flanges which is extremly thick compared to most stock headers. I believe this header weighs in around 7-8lbs.

I use to drag race years ago and used ceramic coatings on my headers. Would  a creamic coating, inside and out, be helpful  in making the turbo exhaust tubing  look  better and last longer?  I am starting to get the turbo bug after watching too many turbocharged Busas on YOUTUBE !

I had HPC extreme coat on the outside of a set of steel turbo headers , worked well but my local hpc guy wouldn't do the shiny coat or put anything inside in a turbo application, said he had seen turbo damage from a over heated coating, that was several yrs ago and coatings may have improved.
And i still use him for other stuff, gained my trust when he said that.

Back