Turbo Hayabusa scam warning on Ebay

busaddict

Registered
Not sure if I should post this here, if not please move to correct folder if you could mod.
This bike is a scam, I had a buddy who lives in his area go look at it for me. The bike is pretty much junk and he is claiming its perfect.  Bike wouldn't hardly start and when it did it bellowed black smoke and wouldn’t idle without dieing out.  Paint looks good in pics on Ebay but in real it’s faded and chipped badly. He will only accept cash to sell so if you send him a deposit you are probably going to loose it once you see the bike in real.  God forbid anyone would buy a bike off Ebay now days with out checking it out first somehow. I’m sure glad I did before I ended up bidding on it.  Price looked to good to be true and it was. Read his add carefully you will see he catches himself in a couple lies. Like when he put the turbo on and how long he has owned the bike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....&rd=1,1

(busaddict @ Dec. 12 2006,00:22) Read his add carefully you will see he catches himself in a couple lies. Like when he put the turbo on and how long he has owned the bike.
not doubting that the bike might be a POS....especially if already seen by someone else...

but his ad reads pretty straight forward.
you need to just remember that he/she bought the bike second hand ....the turbo and other work might have already been done...and they were given the history on it.

never been raced my azz.....why would you have a kill switch on it if you're not racing it
rock.gif

someone that does not know much about a bike will buy it.
the pictures are clear showing some bad spots in the paint.

guns.gif
guns.gif
never buy anything big or with a motor from e-bay withought beaing able to test it.

guns.gif

The guy does say the paint is fugged up:

"There are small scratches and dings in the paint but the bike WAS re-painted in 2002. I am selling this bike because I am getting married. I have had it for 3 years now. There is no other reason for this sale, the bike runs"

I would not buy it for the sheer reason he claims he switched from NOS to Turbo and the bike has never been raced
wow.gif
. At 21,000 hard miles this bike might be worth 5K tops.

Back