Turbo Hayabusa Rx7

htxrx7

Registered
Hey guys I just joined, I'm putting a gen 1 turbo engine in a 1986 rx7 and had a few questions for y'all, ideally someone that has something similar can chime in...

I was curious what battery set up would be best, I don't want to use an alternator, I pretty much just want to build a race car as of now. I know some of you ball out with the lights and speakers so what upgrades usually come with those mods charging and starting system wise?

I don't want to stay chain driven.When I look at how the slave cylinder rod it looks like it will be in the way of my driveshaft. (using a driveshaft adapter on the output shaft) Am I wrong or is there a way around it? Since my car will be roughly 2,000 lbs I was thinking that I should try and do all the upgrades transmission and clutch wise. So far I have the "super heavy duty" ape clutch springs made for hayabusa cars, and billet shift shafts with intentions to get the billet output shaft and undercut gears also. If anyone has experience with some hayabusa kit cars or anything similar please let me know what all mods that were made longevity wise! If you're interested in following the build (going pretty slow) I've got an instagram page @htxrx7

Back