Turbo guys with longer arms

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious for you guys out there with longer arms what you have and how ya like them?

I'm running about 280hp on the street. And i'm debating on doing swing arm extensions or getting a longer arm granted i love to ride the bike in the twisties but if i take it to the track i will definatly need a longer arm.

So the next thing im wondering is will the normal bolt on extension work for the power i have or will i need to go with a full blown out arm?

ALso what lenght are alotta you guys working with that seems to keep the bike a nice all around ride in any case?

if i did a full arm i would be looking at a full 0-6in. arm or should i consider longer? the extensions would be the 4-6in ones?

opinions and options are welcome and appricated.

And also any Hints on where to get the Arms or the extensions from?

Thanks everyone

If they are quality pieces like the ones Spencer produces yes,if not dont trust the extensions,there are documented failures with yani shiki brand on stock bikes! I ran them for a few weeks till my arm got here.Hope this helps.

How about the Ones off of Schnitz web site?

Also NJ what kinda arm did you end up going with? and cost?

Exotic Cycles extensions are bullet-proof!

www.ExotiCycle.com

Exoticycle Motorsports
6251 North Washington Blvd.
Sarasota, Florida 34243-2263
941-360-FAST ( 3278 )

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: "forgot to add the &quot;s&quot; at the end of the URL for ExoticCycles"|1142614860 -->

Bolt ins aren't nearly as stout as a good arm. I would say go with a 0-6" mac or trac arm and be done with it... that way you have all the wheelbase you can realistically use. How is the bike running?

Bolt ins aren't nearly as stout as a good arm.  I would say go with a 0-6" mac or trac arm and be done with it... that way you have all the wheelbase you can realistically use.  How is the bike running?
Well Yag it was running alright then i decided to scrap both my bikes and build one so i took my overboar motor and sold it to a guy that wanted it. Then took my turbo and turbo motor outta the other bike and put it into the black one but before we did that i tore the 02 completely down and repowdercoated it and new bearings and everything so kinda gona have a new bike when it's all done

Just debating on swing arm options now.

And hey can some of you guys post up some links as to where i can get some of these arms at? i suppose id probly go with a underbraced one or an extended stock on i guess thanks

Man your lazy...
biggrin.gif

Anyway the bolts on should be fine as long as they have a double bolt...I made the mistake of a single bolt and ended up messing my bike up really bad...I now have a Thompson Custom Cycle arm on her and she likes it...Since your in the mist of building a bike do it right and have no regrets in the long run...

Yeah i know Stunnah Been kinda on the busy side to do much looking and stuff Granted it was just recently that i figured i'd set it up like this cause i don't know if i'm gona get much chance to ride it anywhere else much but the drag strip but i guess we will see anyways this years kinda unpredictable at the moment
rock.gif

Back