turbo gurus...

jdsbusa

Registered
A couple pics I'm attaching....what in tar nation are these things!
First pic, some port on the rear of my plenum....any ideas? It's open, I could remove and plug but anyone else have one like this? I already have the MAP sensor and the other sensor from the OEM airbox mounted.
Second pic, an elbow in the exhaust, O2 sensor? Busa has none correct?

plug.jpg

exh.jpg

Thanks Do3 - another post for the records! :laugh:

It's a threaded hole, never seen a "condensation" drain....but uh.....yeah....

The stocker plenum has one or two, but there not open they have little rubber thimbles that catch the condensate. One of thos things you're suppose to take care of from time to time.

Oh and I was sorta kinda bumping your thread to the top so others might reply

Last edited:
Just giving you crap Do3.

Plenum has nothing of the sort, just that funny elbow connector that goes to nowhere. If there's nothing of use for it I guess I'll remove it and get a set screw plug.

Ah nevermind Do3 - I wasn't even thinking about the plug in the plenum, had my mind on that huge hole in my exhaust and thought you were talking about that. :whistle:

One of the guys across the street gave me this tidbit....

map sensor or secondary controller signal outlet or mabye that was where they got the wastegate signal

Anyone else concur? If so, should the wastegate be run from the plenum or just a normal vacuum off the other vac lines like everything else?

wastegate , it uses pressure only source, can be from plenum,up pipe or turbo compressor,
exhaust looks like o2 or with adaptors egt , o2 sensors are usually a 18mm thread (same as the fan switch in the rad if you want a comparison )
and might be used if you have a wideband and or logger

Back